Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divermom1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Sharp aquos volume level problem 40
    We just installed a Sharp Aquos 40" and even with the volume all the way up it is hard to hear.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 07:48 PM

A lot of LCDs can be like this. Is it extremely hard to hear, or just compared to a tube TV?

If it's extremely hard to hear, I would exchange it. But most of the Sharp TVs I've heard are even quieter than others. If the TV is on the wall and you don't want to bother going through the exchange, listen to the display model at the store.

If the display is quiet too, then it's probably just the TV and you'll either have to go with a different set, or get some external speakers. I would recommend going with some external speakers regardless because as I said, most flat panels have poor sound quality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just bought a Sharp TV 42 inch LCD... it has a function to set a custom picture and sound mode called AV Mode. When I switch it to my preferred settings it always goes back to a Dynamic Fixed setting is there a way I can lock my customs settings on my TV?

Nice on main level, hot on upper level [ 4 Answers ]

We live in a house that is 5 yrs old. With the A/C on, the main level of the house is very comfortable yet the upper level where the bedrooms are doesn't seem to cool down at all. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the duct work which won't be an easy fix. Could there be any other...

Sharp Aquos LC-46D64U blue audio box [ 5 Answers ]

There is a small blue "audio" window that keeps popping up in the top right-hand corner that has Cable Analog, then Audio : Mono. The window keeps appearing when the audio flips from mono to stereo then back when it looses the stereo signal, I guess. Is there any way to either set this to stereo...

Sharp Aquos 32D42U and low volume [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Live in Costa Rica where technical help is very scarce. Bought the above TV and have connected the antenna, am using a Direct TV box. I can receive all the channels that I subscribe to but the volume even when turned up to the maximum seems very quiet, although the sound is good. - The...

View more questions Search