Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davids158 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Furnace periodic failure york
    I have an older furnace that seems to work fine. However, periodically it will stop working. Even though the thermostat has a call for heat, the furnace will not turn on. Then all I need to do is flip off the power for 10 seconds and it seems to reset it. As soon as I do that, it fires right up. How do I fix this? I have had 2 contractors come in and just try to sell me a new furnce. I will replace it next year, but want to see if I can fix it for the time-being
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 04:38 PM
    If you have a flame sensor clean it with fine sand paper or steel wool.
    Attached Images

Lanka1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 08:24 PM
    I had the same problem and replacing the Inducer Motor Assembly (about $120) took care of that. Mine is a Goodman GMS8 series. Part under warranty for 5 yrs. Heat exchange for 20 yrs. My Motor was squeeling loud. Also check the pressure switch (about $35).
    builderbob1 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2010, 01:16 AM

If you are talking about turning the toggle switch off at the furnace and turning back on when it starts working again maybe check the toggle switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Failure [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Coleman mid-efficiency gas-fired (propane) furnace tubular heat exchanger downflow hot air system. For about a month now I have had a intermittent problem with my furnace failing. The blower comes on with out any heat and produces a rapid red flash error code. This error code indicates:...

York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is...

Ignition failure carrier furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Thk for the reply, I tried connecting a wire from the spark generator post and holding the other end 1/8 inch from the ground. First try a got a short burst of 3 weak sparks. Shut off furnace and re started this time no sparks a all. Checked that there was still voltage going to the SG unit. Guess...

Honeywell MagicStat/32 or Furnace Failure? [ 4 Answers ]

I've changed the batteries on the thermostat when the "lo bat" message displayed. Per the user manual, I had to install the batteries backwards for 10 seconds in order to reset the unit. I then reinstalled the batteries in the proper manner and began to program the unit. Approximately 20 seconds...

York furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace works fine then turns off when house warms up to temp. will not come back on until I turn furnace off and on . Code flashes one time saying system lock out. What should I do ? Thanks mario

View more questions Search