Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aakiele Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Can you take healthy trim while breast feeding
    Healthy Trim is a suppliment that is described as being all natural ( pure Hoodia ) . I want to know if this is safe to take if you are breat feeding. I read and hoodia is found in cactus plants and sounds harmless but I am not sure.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 02:26 PM

I don't think you should be taking any supplements while you are breastfeeding, especially not hoodia. Anything you take into your body will reflect in your breast milk and may not be suitable for the baby. If you are worried about extra pounds from pregnancy, you can work them off soon enough. There are plenty of programmes where you can actually work out with your baby !

Check on line at Google. I am sure you will find lots of exercises to do during the day that will help.

Tick
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 03:20 PM

No, don't take it. Not least because the supply of real Hoodia is very limited, so most of what is being sold as hoodia is a very poor quality copy.

Also, the studies that have been done on hoodia are not very convincing. People who have taken it say that it reduces hunger a bit for a week or so, and then it's back to normal.

Breastfeeding itself is a great way to get slim. Exclusive breastfeeding can use up an extra 500-1000 calories a day, depending on the age of your baby. A baby is literally a fat-sucking creature. Breastmilk is a high fat food, so your body will take fat from your hips and thighs and use it to make the milk for the baby. It's the only time that the female body willingly gives up that annoying hip and thigh fat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pros/Cons of Breast feeding vs. Formula feeding. [ 9 Answers ]

I have heard that if you don't breast feed your baby will have an unhealthy immune system (although I am pretty healthy, and was bottle fed), and I have also heard horror sotries about breast feeding. What are good vs. bad of breast feeding/bottle feeding?:D:D

Breast feeding [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get into a sauna if I am breast feeding? Will it hurt my milk or change the taste or spoil it or anything??

Breast feeding [ 2 Answers ]

Can breast feeding make your breast larger?

Breast feeding [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was wondering with my first son I bottle feed with my second one he was only 2 pounds so he could not breast feed however I pumped for 2 months for him but I am a very busy mom of going to be three and when I pumped I stayed so wore out that I couldn't even stay...

Am I pregnant if breast feeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month baby I breast feed her 2-3 times rest I give her formula milk , am 7 days late on my periods the HCG strip test came out negative why am I not getting my periods? Am I pregnant?

View more questions Search