Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    degoqueen Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Pregnant
    So I've been bad this month and have been not taking my pills as on schedule as I should be, and I had sex with this one guy that I liked stupidly because I have a boyfriend, and I also had sex with my boyfriend who isn't as potent as your average guy, what are the chances that I'm pregnant, I'm not really stressed but I just want to know what could be going on, I have had cramps in the middle of the month as well like I was going to get my period, could I still have cramps and have my period and still be pregnant
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 09:53 AM

Lots of women mistake bleeding in pregnancy for their period.

You can get a blood test at your doctors.

Jan 13, 2010, 09:55 AM

So I can be pregnant even though I think it's a period, how often does that happen,
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 10:02 AM
    If you have not taken your pill correctly its quite common.

If your bleeding now I would suggest to get a blood test from your doctor to confirm your not pregnant.

Perhaps also you could ask your doctor about different methods of birth control,maybe something like the bar or injection,you won't have to worry about taking it everyday.

http://www.womhealth.org.au/healthjo...onceptions.htm

Here is some information on the pill and its effectiveness when taken correctly.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 13, 2010, 10:02 AM

I think it's important for you to go to your DR and request a PT urine test and blood test. Second step would be to ask for leaflet on STD's. You need to value yourself a little higher than this and protect yourself against potentially deadly sexual transmitted diseases.
    Third be honest with your boyfriend that you had unprotected sexual contact with "this one guy" and allow him the opportunity to either stay with you or leave and use a condom in the future because you had sex with someone else and could pass something on to him that is not detected yet.
    How old are you?
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    I think it's important for you to go to your DR and request a PT urine test and blood test. Second step would be to ask for leaflet on STD's. You need to value yourself a little higher than this and protect your self against potentially deadly sexual transmitted diseases.
    Third be honest with your boyfriend that you had unprotected sexual contact with "this one guy" and allow him the opportunity to either stay with you or leave and use a condom in the future because you had sex with someone else and could pass something on to him that is not detected yet.
    How old are you?
    I had to spread the rep but excellent point about stds.

Jan 13, 2010, 10:24 AM

Like when I go visit my parents ill take the days of the pills out and take them with me, and when I forgot them ill leave them in there, and then I forgot a day at home and take the ones I had set aside and a different time, so I don't know if different weeks have different potency or anything

Jan 13, 2010, 10:33 AM

I'm 21, and the guy I did it with was a buddy of mine that I know was clean, I know for a fact cause I just know aha
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 10:39 AM
    "i know for a fact cause I just know aha"

So, you performed the tests?

Get real. You can't be 21 and actually believe this.

If you can't take the pill the way you are supposed to, find another form of birth control.

The pill is designed to be taken every day at the same time.

Jan 13, 2010, 10:53 AM

So today is the day of my period, should I take a test anyway even I get someone like a period
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 10:58 AM

Is you boyfriend aware that you are sleeping around on him? With your 'clean' friend?

You are not ready to be a parent, please abstain from sex or seek out alternative birth control methods as you aren't handling the responsibility of the pill very well.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 11:04 AM

Test and then close your legs.

Also, don't repost your question, especially since it was already answered.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 11:12 AM

Should this be reported as a duplicate posting or merged with the original thread?

See your doctor. Tell him/her you misused your medication and get tested for pregnancy, sti's, std's and then go home and tell your boyfriend that you made a mistake and he should get tested to.

Edit to add: Thank you to the person who merged the threads.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Threads merged.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by degoqueen View Post
    Okay so should i take a test or not
    Sure, they're not expensive, go ahead.

Actually, you may want to buy them in bulk, seeing as you're not using your birth control effectively, it's only a matter of time until you get pregnant, so might as well stock up on pregnancy tests.
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Should this be reported as a duplicate posting or merged with the original thread?

See your doctor. Tell him/her you misused your medication and get tested for pregnancy, sti's, std's and then go home and tell your boyfriend that you made a mistake and he should get tested to.
    Be sure to mention it is a mistake you don't appear to regret.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

NO one can tell you if you are pregnant or not on the internet.

The only thing we can advise you to do is buy a pregnancy test, schedule a visit with your doctor, or go to a health clinic.

If you had sex, then yes, you could be pregnant.

Jan 13, 2010, 11:23 AM

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 11:31 AM

First to re-hash a bit, no method of birth control is 100 percent, the pill is pretty good when used as it is suppose to be, if you can't take it right, get your doctor to go with another type

But you should be using two forms, pills and a condom,
    Esp if you are with other people, you know it is always the "clean one" that seems to give people all the disease, since I bet they told the next girl the same story
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 11:57 AM

Perhaps someone needs to learn to keep her pants on and her legs closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Could I be pregnant by precum? Its about getting pregnant and having your period [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I am 15, Me and my boyfriend had sort of unprotected sex. Well he did not have a condom on and he was pre-. We had sex before that... And he came a lot! After that he took a shower and got into bed,No condom on but pre-. His penis was on my vagina like on the hole for like 5 min, and he went...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

View more questions Search