Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TERRY COWAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 08:46 AM
    My girlfriend doesn't love me anymore
    Sheree ismy world. I'm 36 years old, been married, have a degree and have a good career. Sheree is 54, (don't be put off) she ended a 30 year marriage to be with me and we've been together for about 30 months. We fought hard to get what we both wanted,. each other.
    Now, I think she's outgrown me. She never tellsme she loves me, or even shows it. I think I rank about 4th or 5th on her priority list. I feelas though I'm constantly compeating for her attention and affection... she doesn't talk or say what's on her mind, if I tell her my concernes, she'll ask me "then why are you with me..??" if I tell her "it's because I love you" she raises her eyebrows and rolls her eyes as if to say... whatever. I love this girl... so god damn much... what on earth do I do, and what have I done to deserve being treated like a DOG??
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 08:56 AM

If you've openly and honestly talked to her about your feelings and she brushes them off or ignores them, do you really think that you should remain in the relationship?

Relationships should be mutually beneficial to each party involved. She should think you're the best in the world and you should think she hung the moon.

When the compatibility isn't there, the relationship suffers.

I recommend trying one more time. Sit her down, tell her your concerns and fears, and see what happens. If she brushes you off... frankly, you deserve more than that.

I'm sorry that you're being ignored and made to feel like you're 4th or 5th place... that's not what you should be feeling.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 13, 2010, 09:29 AM

18 years is a gap, but it is possible.
    You sound very um, what's the word? Not sure, but she is your world and you need more from her. Is it possible that you are too needy for her at this time in her life?
    My thoughts are that maybe she is having second thoughts or doubts about the decision she has made and maybe the life she left behind or possibly people she has hurt. There could be more to the story. If there are children are they all OK with the decision? Are there other people in her life that give her a difficult time about her decision?
    So here's my thoughts, it's important to sit her down and get on the same page with her and let her know where you are at and what your feelings are. If you fought this hard to be together she must see a reason to be there, slow down a little, chat it out and allow her some time to respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I love my girlfriend of 4 years anymore? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I'm 20 years old, my girlfriend is 22 and we've been dating since we were in high school. Ive been with her 4 years but on and off, which actually is equal to about 2 years or so. All the time we were together we would always fight for stupid things and break up. I loved her a lot and I did...

Girlfriend does not love me anymore after 2 years [ 15 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years. About early December last year she became very distant and that's when she admitted to me she does not feel anything more me any more. She kept things from me like she went out drinking with her friends one night so I would not get mad at her....

Girlfriend states that she don't love me anymore [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating with girlfriend for 1 year .A week before she said that she want to have a break(smth similar),because she only loves me like friend and nothing more.She is also very said about that.She says she wants freedom,because she had enough of that.I love her so much.What should I...

I don't know if I love my girlfriend of 4 years anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm 20 years old, my girlfriend is 22 and we've been dating since we were in high school. Ive been with her 4 years but on and off, which actually is equal to about 2 years or so. All the time we were together we would always fight for stupid things and break up. I loved her allot and I did...

View more questions Search