Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ducstr4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Which connector for laptop to external HD
    Anyone know the correct name and designation of the cable for connecting an IBM laptop to an external hard drive?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Depends on the hard drive, Usually external drives are connected via USB or firewire. Most Thinkpads have USB ports, but not firewire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help - external costs [ 6 Answers ]

Okay. Here's a situation, and I cannot find any external costs. Can someone help me please? A huge superstore wants to open up in a small town. This will result in nearly all local SMEs to shut down, and will result in a net loss in employment. Also, the store is locating in a cheap, shoddy...

External costs [ 1 Answers ]

If a company chooses to outsource production to a cheaper country, what would be the external costs? I believe pollution in the new country would be, but how about the job loss in the initial country?

Shower push-in connector problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to install a new electric shower unit, it has a type of connector to the mains water called a 'push-in' connector. No matter what I try this seems to leak. The instructions just skip over it, and don't give any more instruction than how to disconnect it. I can see how it's...

Laptop connected to an external monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I ruined the screen of my laptop a few weeks ago and have been surving off a cheap old dell monitor that I simply connected to my laptop. Today, I disconnected the two to move my laptop and when I reconnected them, the external monitor's screen no longer displayed the image from the laptop. I...

Help with a external drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have an external hard drive can I install a virus program on it so that I can take it to another system and then run the virus program on that system. Will this be a problem because the drive letter will change or will it not matter because the file structure will not change only the drive...

View more questions Search