Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsmeadowgate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Translate names into Sanskrit for orca School kids
    My 4th and 5th grade students are studying ancient India. They would like to know the meanings of their names and how to write them in Sanskrit. Their names are:
    Aviana, Avalon, Benjamin, Chase, Dara, Dorie (or Doris), Ericka, FayAnne, Francis,Freya,
    Gabriella, Louis, Owen, Robert, Stewart, and William.
    Thank you, with utmost gratitude, from 16 eager students!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 12:14 AM
    Hi, dsmeadowgate!

It's my understanding, that the folks here who are able to do that the best, will need to know the exact, phonetic pronunciations of the names in order to be the most accurate with the translations.

So, if you could provide those, it would be helpful.

Thanks!
    dsmeadowgate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I got so busy I forgot to check for answers. We have moved on from India studies to Persia and Mesopotamia, so I'll let that question go for now. Next time I know to include phonetics too. Thanks again!
    Dorie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Translate names into Sanskrit [ 12 Answers ]

I want to get my kids names tattooed in Sanskrit. Their names are Tyson and Julia. Anyone know this? I cannot find anything on the internet about translating names, only words. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Need to translate names to Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

How are the names Zachary and Teresa written in sanskrit?

Sanskrit.translate names [ 9 Answers ]

Hey.. can anybody help... I need four names translate to sanskrit.. pleaseeee:) LEON BETTY LOTTIE SVETLANA If anyone can do.. I am going to be happiest person on this world.. thank you boys and girls.. enjoy life:)

Can you translate two names for me? [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could translate "Cesar" and "Silvia" in Sanskrit. PLEASE! :confused:

View more questions Search