Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joey2sites Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 06:49 PM
    My bank account closed, how will I receive my PA Unemployment benefits?
    My benefits usually go through direct deposit into my checking account, but my bank closed my account due to inactivity. The direct deposit is supposed to be in my account tomorrow. The bank said the payment will get bounced back to PA Unemployment. Will they send me a paper check? Or will I have to sit on the phone for hours trying to figure it out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 07:47 PM

You will need to sit up for hours on the phone fixing it.

?? If your benefits usually go direct deposit, then where was there no activity? An account has to go for months and months to be closed with no payments or no withdrawals

And they should have been happy to reopen it?

Is there more to this
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    ???? if your benefits ususally go direct deposit, then where was there no activity ?? an account has to go for months and months to be closed with no payments or no withdrawls
    I was wondering the same thing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account levy.included cash deposits from unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, an attorney in New Jersey placed a levy on my checking account. My income consists of Social Security and Unemployment. The amount levied, was all inclusive of my last direct deposit social security check of 8/26/09. I explained this to the attorney's office and sent faxes of my...

Account closed and then you receive a social security reclamation [ 1 Answers ]

You have closed your checking account and the bank sends you a reclamation of social security afterwards, who is responsible?

Garnishment of ss benefits from bank account [ 3 Answers ]

My mother applied for 10 credit card accounts and maxed them out. She's on social security only as her income. She's been paying a consolidator to pay most of them, but now she needs all of her money to move into an assisted living facility. Can the debtors take her social security out of her bank...

Bank Account frozen on Unemployment [ 6 Answers ]

Information needed.. My estranged husband just found out that his bank account has been frozen due to a judgement awarded to Cohen and Slamowitz, that he didn't even realize was happening.. The only funds in there at the moment are unemployment benefits.. I already know that in NYS they...

View more questions Search