Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Intense, vivid, lucid dreams since moving to new home
    I have heard that we always dream, whether you remember them or not. For the past 5-10 years, I have not remembered many of my dreams and if I did, they were few and far between.

However, since I had moved into my new home about 5 days ago, each night I have had very vivid, lucid, and intense dreams. I have woken up at least 5 times each night ending each dream. By the time morning came, I could usually remember each individual dream.

I have wondered what could be the cause of this. I thought maybe it was the new environment but I have moved around in the past and that's never happened before. Its still the same bed that I sleep in, too. The only thing that has changed is the house. The house is an old vicotrian house (dont know HOW old but it's definitely OLD).

Any corrolation between the two?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 17, 2006, 03:09 PM
    I have always dreamed and remember many of them (dreams are so interesting!) and I can tell you that whenever I have moved I got big screen technicolor ones for a few weeks EVERY time. It showed me how plugged into my environment I am (as I suspect you are) and so moving unleashed a torrent of unknowns that sent the dream factory into overtime. Enjoy Jizzy!
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Ever hear of astral travel? It's a very interesting thing and something that everyone should read about. As for Lucid dreams I was once told that they usually happen around big changes in ones life. You recently moved right? That is one of the biggest causes.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Try to become aware that you are dreaming and control it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder now... a month later, how goes the dream factory Doc?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Yea, maybe you should shut it down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

Dreams, Reconciliation, and Moving On [ 1 Answers ]

I've had dreams of reconciliation with a previous lover now and again for four years since we broke up. Things ended without much closure. I tried to attain some later through a letter, but she never replied. I want to let her move on with her life (God knows it's been a long time and we're...

View more questions Search