Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Little_Emo_Wolf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 10:20 AM
    12 year old dating a 19 year old
    I'm 12, and well, I'm not sure about love but I matured at the age of 8. He's 19, and I know, it's not right for a 12 year old to date a 19 year old, and I know a family when the parents are 12 years apart... Their a happy family.. But there in there 30's now. *I don't listen to my parents, they don't make the right decisions, trust me* and I know I probably haven't learned what "love" is. What do I do?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 10:25 AM

You need to tell someone..

If you have sex with him its rape and he can go to prison.

Your 12,as mature as you think you are,you in a bad place right now and need adult help,if not your parents,how about a teacher or aunt?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 10:31 AM

If your parents decision is not to let you two date, then that is the RIGHT decision. What kind of sexual predator is this animal? I mean come on, he's 19! First off, what could you two possibly talk about! This is just disturbing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 10:31 AM

The 19 year old that is interested in you is a pedophile. That's a fact.

He's an adult, you're a child. Dating you is illegal and downright creepy! What could you two possibly have in common?

If your parents are telling you this isn't okay, then I have to disagree with you. They are making the right decision for you.

When you're 20 then date a 27 year old, but at 12, a 7 year age difference is not okay.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Emo_Wolf View Post
    I'm 12, and well, I'm not sure about love but I matured at the age of 8. He's 19, and I know, it's not right for a 12 year old to date a 19 year old, and I know a family when the parents are 12 years apart... Their a happy family.. But there in there 30's now. *I don't listen to my parents, they don't make the right decisions, trust me* and I know I probably haven't learned what "love" is. What do I do?
    If you don't see the value in your parents experiences and guidance, then you are not mature at all.

A 19 yr old has nothing in common with a 12 yr old. Adults who marry with a seven year age difference is acceptable because they are dating as adults and adults do have things in common.

In fact, I would venture to say that 12 yrs old, is not even old enough to date!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 10:44 AM
    I'm 12, and well, I'm not sure about love but I matured at the age of 8.
    How did you mature? You just woke up on your way to grade 4 all mature.

He's 19, and I know, it's not right for a 12 year old to date a 19 year old,
    WHAT 19 year old will talk to a 12 year old? WHO is this person. You are in DANGER. This person is obviously SICK. You are 12 years old.

Yes it's not right. The end. No more.

and I know a family when the parents are 12 years apart... Their a happy family.. But there in there 30's now.
    If your 22 and you want to date a 30 something year old that is okay- why? Because they are ADULTS.

*I don't listen to my parents, they don't make the right decisions, trust me*
    Your maturity is showing.

How do your parents not make the right decisions for you? Do they abuse you? How do you know that these decisions aren't right for you? What are these decisions you are talking about?

and I know I probably haven't learned what "love" is. What do I do?
    Love is a learning process hell I'm in my early 20's and I still don't get it. At 12 it's all kisses and holding hands. Love is much more than that.

Right now you need to love your friends, love your parents, love your family, love your pets and above all love yourself.

As for this 19 year old you NEED to tell him to leave you alone AND you need to tell an adult, a teacher, a cop, your parents, a relative, a neighbor--- this is WRONG.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 10:56 AM

I'm not sure I know what love is. What I do know is that a 19 year old who has anything in common with a 12 year old has serious emotional problems. Has anyone ever spent any time actually talking to a 12 year old?

So, yes, he's a pedophile with other problems.
    Little_Emo_Wolf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 10:57 AM
    **I should have mentioned this but he lives in London; No way we could meet until I'm 16 :/**
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 11:00 AM
    **I should have mentioned this but he lives in London; No way we could meet until im 16 :/**
    So what are you two doing together? Are you hooking up over the internet, via email, video chat. What?

The fact is, you're 12, he's 19, he's a pedophile, you're a child. End of story.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 11:01 AM

It just makes him a British pedophile
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 11:03 AM

I wonder does he realise your age?

Even still,have you ever heard of young girls getting pulled in over the internet by perverts?

It happens,everyday.

Stop making contact,tell someone.

Hang out with your friends,and don't get onto sites where you could be in danger... london or timbukto... this guy has no business befriending you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2010, 11:03 AM
    **I should have mentioned this but he lives in London; No way we could meet until im 16 :/**
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    So what are you two doing together? Are you hooking up over the internet, via email, video chat. What?

The fact is, you're 12, he's 19, he's a pedophile, you're a child. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    It just makes him a British pedophile
    Now that would be GROOMING and an EXTREMELY serious offense in ANY country!!
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 11:08 AM

I do have to wonder if the OP has been honest about her age. So many people lie over the internet, it could be that this 19 year old thinks she's older then she really is. So maybe we should give him a little benefit of the doubt.

Doesn't change the fact that he'd still go to jail.

What the little 12 year old doesn't realize is that the FBI is really cracking down on things like this. Thankfully. The 19 year old may not be the only one to suffer consequences.

So, OP, if you really care about this guy, go to No Contact, start being 12, stop trying to do adult things until you're an adult. Trust me, you're not mature for your age, not at all. In fact, your actions truly show how very immature you are.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Why stop at 19, I'm sure there are more than a few 69 year old pedophiles as well that might be interested.

And I'm sorry to say that at 12 you have hardly matured in any way at all. Nor can you grasp the concepts at play here. ANY 19 year old that's interested in a 12 year old is a pedophile. Plain and simple. Any 12 year old that thinks they are in love with a 19 year old has very clearly been manipulated and groomed by that far more mature person. And yeah that works either way with either gender.

Something else you will learn in due time is a 12 year differnce at 40 is no different than a 1 and at most 2 year difference at your age. THere is a vast amount of difference between 18 and 21, much less 19 and pre-teen.

Odds are your parents really do make the right decisions and its you who don't see it as you lack the life experience to make such judgements. And NO at 12 that is impossible to be able to do. That's not a swipe, that's just reality. You don't suddenly wake up knowing everything, and you certainly don't learn all that by 12. Hell, some adults have a hard time doing that by 30.

And a final note... there is a HUGE difference between maturing and entering puberty. You may have entered puberty at 8 but you certainly haven't matured yet by any definition, physically, mentally or emotionally. You have far too many years to go before that happens.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 01:01 PM

Stop playing games on the internet.

Unless you met this guy in person, neither of you know each other's true age.

As far as I know, you could be a 38 year old man getting his kicks by pretending to be a 12 year old girl with a serious problem. It is amazing how many trolls (people trying to get other people upset) put phrases in their posts like 'my parents don't understand me', 'I am mature for my age', or 'I am sooooo confused' just to make their 'story' seem more credible. People who prey on others use those same tactics to reel in their 'prize'.

I am not saying that is what you are doing or questioning your age and motives. I want you to question his and to understand that over a long distance there is NO WAY you can be 100% certain that he is who he says he is. If you ask for 'proof', he can send you someone else's and you would never know until it was too late.

Stick to groups of friends your own age who you know personally. Allow yourself to mature gracefully and naturally. Enjoy the journey (even if it isn't always pleasant, there are times to treasure though it doesn't feel that way.)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 05:30 PM

Here's an interesting story for you...

A few years ago my partner cheated on me, now he didn't cheat in the physical sense, he was talking dirty to a girl over the internet.

The girl he was talking to was supposedly a 19 year old living in America (we live in Australia)

Turns out this girl was only 13 and lived in our state!

He immediately severed contact when he found out her age as he knew it was wrong
    (yeah I know the cheating was wrong but even he could see a 13 year old was just creepy beyond reason)

I'm wondering which one of you is being honest... have you really told him you are only 12?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 06:04 PM

JUST PLAIN WRONG! 12 year olds should not be dating.

12 year olds Definitely should not be dating 19 year olds.

Either he has something wrong with his head, or he is just that perverted.

Don't talk to him.

Don't even consider talking to him.

Listen to your parents, and the others who have answered your questions before me- they have more wisdom than you.

Enough said.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. Now, excuse me while I go puke.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:52 PM

This is one thread where I actually hope the OP is a Troll.

If not then take the advice people have given you on here and prove how mature you really are.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Snifff... sniffffff...

Does that smell like troll to you?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Snifff.....sniffffff....

Does that smell like troll to you?
    Yeah, but I decided to hedge my bet on the terrible thought that it could be a serious post.

I have seen some 11-12 year olds that could very easily get themselves in this situation. Most of them were being raised by single parents concerned more with their boy/girlfriend than their child, while the other parent was either not known or not involved at all.

It makes me love mine and those I can have some affect on even more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 26 year old girl dating a 18 year old boy, is that wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old lady and I am considering dating an 18 year old guy. I just wanted to know what you all think. Is it wrong? He has no problem but his mom do. She thinks I will end up using her son and believe me that is not my intention. Any advice?

13 year old Dating an 18 year old. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 13 and I am dating an 18 year old, we both have strong feelings for each other and I just want to know if its illegal to be dating, we Aren't going to have sex so I don't want your opinions I just want to know if its illegal for us to date and hang out!

Is illegal if a 15 year old and a 21 year old are dating but they never had sex? [ 6 Answers ]

Is illegal to a 15 year old and 21 year ols are dating but they don't have sex

A 14 Year old Dating A 19 Year Old [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wondering I know someone that is 14 and is in love with a 19 year old if its not a sexual relationship are they able to date in B.C laws? Basically I'm wondering is it illeagal so have a sexual relationship or a regualer relationship or what the info you can give me

View more questions Search