Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    It makes me love mine and those I can have some affect on even more.
    I think I'll hug my CHILDREN when they get home from school today... Thanks Cat!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I think I'll hug my CHILDREN when they get home from school today....Thanks Cat!!
    Ah makes me happy that a boy tried to kiss my youngest today and she remembered what I taught her, if a boy tries to kiss you. You punch him ;)
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Ah makes me happy that a boy tried to kiss my youngest today and she remembered what I taught her, if a boy tries to kiss you. You punch him ;)
    Too funny!!

I'm happy to announce that my 16 year old girl is still a lip virgin!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Sounds like my daughter. :)

Now, if we can just teach this op the same lesson.

You're welcome, J. Give them a hug for me, too.
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    You're welcome, J. Give them a hug for me, too.
    We are family.. I got all my sisters with me... LOL.

Sorry, blonde moment...

Romefalls19 agrees: That's my goal, and I have the Shotgun to honor it ;) JK! Or am I
    Honey, you should see my personal armory!! Our freaking firearms are worth more than our house... and our daughter doesn't even realize it when she brings up Daddy's profession (master gunsmith) to her potential boyfriends...

Dang, now I realize why she is still a lip virgin!! :eek:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 09:07 AM

Sydney is only 7 and a boy in her class tried to kiss her a few months ago. She pushed him away, told him to get out of her personal space.

That's my girl! :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again, as soon as the first boy calls the house looking to date my daughter, cabin in the woods, no neighbors for miles, no TV, no phone, no internet.

There's also the option of telling the boy "Son, I've got a big yard, a shovel and a shotgun. I doubt anyone will miss you". :)
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 13, 2010, 09:08 AM

Whatever happened to jump rope and dance class? Running with kids in the neighborhood and babysitting? I don't know about the rest of you but I get so exhausted with the way our world is for our children.

Little_Emo_Wolf:

PLEASE speak to your mother or father or both about what is going on with you and this "person" on line. A realationship like this can take on another life and things can happen that you are just too young to comprehend. Then I want you to concentrate on being a little girl. Dancing in the mirror, reading books and playing with children that are your age and physically in your life. Be present in today and enjoy your youth. Do you have a hobby? Do you play sports? Dial it back and just be 12.
    PLEASE
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 09:20 AM

Here's the thing, you're 12, he's 19. Not only that, but he lives in London, so you'll never get to see him anyway.

The point is, that your parents love you, and if they say no, they have a good reason for it.

You can't say "my parent's don't make the right decisions, trust me" and expect us to just believe it without solid proof to back it up. And even then, we would be taking the word of a 12 year old child who believes in her own head that dating a MAN, a 19 year old man who lives across the world will work, over her parents best judgement. That's not good at all.

Here's the deal, you have NOT matured. You might have matured physically early if that's the case, but you have not matured mentally and emotionally, and you are not ready to have a relationship.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sydney is only 7 and a boy in her class tried to kiss her a few months ago. She pushed him away, told him to get out of her personal space.

That's my girl! :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again, as soon as the first boy calls the house looking to date my daughter, cabin in the woods, no neighbors for miles, no tv, no phone, no internet.

There's also the option of telling the boy "Son, I've got a big yard, a shovel and a shotgun. I doubt anyone will miss you". :)
    I was chased on the playground by one kid on several occasions. I tried many ways to get him to stop trying to kiss me such as pushing, calling names, kicking, running, telling the teacher, but he wouldn't leave me alone. He never got one, especially after that last time when I tied him to the tetherball court with a jump rope. :rolleyes:
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 08:11 PM
    ohsohappy agrees: Tee hee, as far as you know. =P
    Oh, I know Ohso... we have a VERY open relationship for a mother and a daughter. We've talked about it on numerous occasions, and very recently as well... she just had her first car date 2 weeks ago.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Oh, I know Ohso....we have a VERY open relationship for a mother and a daughter. We've talked about it on numerous occasions, and very recently as well...she just had her first car date 2 weeks ago.
    Aw that's good. :) YAY!
    That's wonderful for you both!
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    Aw that's good. :) YAY!
    That's wonderful for you both!
    Yes, I'm pretty darned sure she will not be a pregnant teen.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
    Yes, I'm pretty darned sure she will not be a pregnant teen.
    I was a lip virgin until I was 16.
    I'm 23 now and still no kids, I think you are safe... for now :p
    summmmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 03:07 PM

He's using you
    Start with someone your age
    :)
    emma80 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2010, 03:46 PM

This has scared the life out of me.
    I have an 11 year old daughter , although I would say she is pretty grown up for her age, this is the little girl who thinks a vegetarian is " A live carrot "? (please don't ask!
    The little girl who days ago pointed to my cotton wool make up removing pads and proudly announced " would be needing those pads soon when her periods start!

At 11 years old only a year younger than the threads starter , it scares you. Yes my daughter has Internet access in fact she has her own laptop , but is only allowed to use it in the lounge where we are all there on an evening. If she wants to add another friend to her MSN then she has to have permission , we also set the password and check it regularly. No I am not invading her privacy as she tells me - I am keeping her safe.

At 13 years old I babysat and entered into a relationship of sorts with a 32 year old man , we did not have intercourse but pretty much everything else. At the time it was a secret and was fun , sadly I did not see the dangers. Thankfully he and his wife moved away before anything became of it.

I think this should be a wake up call whether this is a true thread or a made up situation to all parents.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emma80 View Post
    This has scared the life out of me.
    I have an 11 year old daughter , although I would say she is pretty grown up for her age, this is the little girl who thinks a vegetarian is " A live carrot "? (please don't ask!
    The little girl who days ago pointed to my cotton wool make up removing pads and proudly announced " would be needing those pads soon when her periods start!

At 11 years old only a year younger than the threads starter , it scares you. Yes my daughter has Internet access in fact she has her own laptop , but is only allowed to use it in the lounge where we are all there on an evening. If she wants to add another friend to her MSN then she has to have permission , we also set the password and check it regularly. No I am not invading her privacy as she tells me - I am keeping her safe.

At 13 years old I babysat and entered into a relationship of sorts with a 32 year old man , we did not have intercourse but pretty much everything else. At the time it was a secret and was fun , sadly I did not see the dangers. Thankfully he and his wife moved away before anything became of it.

I think this should be a wake up call whether this is a true thread or a made up situation to all parents.
    Thank you for adding this!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 11:13 PM

At 12, it is so easy to see the interest of older men as flattering. You feel it's a compliment that someone older is interested in you.

When you are mature, you will understand that it isn't a compliment, you were just someone easy to prey on. Naïve, trusting and immature enough to believe anything that you are told. It doesn't make you unwise, it just is something at 12 you aren't meant to understand.

Appreciate your time at 12, don't envy and rush to be grown up, that will happen on it's own. Trust in values and your parents guidance, they were 12 once also. There isn't many loves as great as a parent's love and best wishes for their children. Their direction is meant to help you grow.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 07:55 AM

I also find mature "people" don't find a need to keep telling other people how mature they are. Whenever a post opens with "I am very mature ..." I can pretty much predict what will follow.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emma80 View Post
    I hate to come down on you for this, but I'm assuming you never did anything more about this pedophile. How many other young girls have been victimized by this man because you did nothing?

Maybe its not too late. I think you should report it.
    Expert

Jan 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I also find mature "people" don't find a need to keep telling other people how mature they are. Whenever a post opens with "I am very mature ..." I can pretty much predict what will follow.
    That, and "I'm 19 soon to be 20" Who cares what you are "soon" to be. What matters is the age they are NOW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 26 year old girl dating a 18 year old boy, is that wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old lady and I am considering dating an 18 year old guy. I just wanted to know what you all think. Is it wrong? He has no problem but his mom do. She thinks I will end up using her son and believe me that is not my intention. Any advice?

13 year old Dating an 18 year old. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 13 and I am dating an 18 year old, we both have strong feelings for each other and I just want to know if its illegal to be dating, we Aren't going to have sex so I don't want your opinions I just want to know if its illegal for us to date and hang out!

Is illegal if a 15 year old and a 21 year old are dating but they never had sex? [ 6 Answers ]

Is illegal to a 15 year old and 21 year ols are dating but they don't have sex

A 14 Year old Dating A 19 Year Old [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wondering I know someone that is 14 and is in love with a 19 year old if its not a sexual relationship are they able to date in B.C laws? Basically I'm wondering is it illeagal so have a sexual relationship or a regualer relationship or what the info you can give me

View more questions Search