Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tambourine Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 09:48 AM
    What can I do about husband and current situation?
    My husband of 15 years, mind you we lived together for 11 months prior to getting married, has cheated on me and gotten the other woman pregnant. Now he has set up his own bank account which I have no access. As well as being violent mainly verbal, yet doing emotional abuse as well. I have no job or resources towards that as of yet. I have been taking care of my three children (previous marriage) his dad, the house , etc. Now this? What can I do? I am hoping to get a legal separation. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:52 AM

I don't quite understand what you are asking. You can certainly file for a divorce or legal separation by making an appointment with an Attorney admitted to practice in your State.

Or are you asking about how to save the relationship or handle this situation?

Jan 12, 2010, 01:21 PM

I don't want to save the relationship it is quite beyond that. My question is to find out what all I am entitled to. Since the last 15 years I have been taking care of others , etc.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 01:40 PM

The only way to know because you have used "amidst chaos" instead of an actual place where you live (I cannot research the law) is to consult with an Attorney and learn what your State takes into consideration as well as what the Statutes for support are.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 05:20 PM

If your in a community property state then your entitled to 1/2 of what's being put into that account. When you turn in your divorce papers you can find out through "discovery" what's been going in it etc.

Jan 16, 2010, 01:39 PM

I live in Pa. It's a commonwealth state. I have taken care of the home, his dad, animals, my children from previous marriage and the husband. I have done what I could to make his life better i.e. get his birth certificate so he can get his driver's license , etc. I hope that helps more for answers.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 16, 2010, 02:41 PM

Here is a link for references to Family Law in Pa.

Pennsylvania Divorce Forms and Pennsylvania Divorce Laws Online

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/PA/papropdiv.htm#How does the law divide property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current Situation [ 9 Answers ]

Well hi to everyone,right now I'm doing the waiting game,I am currently charged with 2nd degree felony(grand larceny 20k-100k)thing is the victim is stating there is more in there then what was found,this happened at a bank,I was working on what was suppose to be a non contract safe deposit box,but...

Wonder where the current situation in Iran stems from? [ 18 Answers ]

AJRcOF7rEfQ Americans did this all over the world. Take a look at the history of latin america or the middle east. The pattern repeats itself. The US is once again trying to suppress local governments in order to install governments aligned to the profits of their corporations. I don't know...

My current situation [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently 21 and have a 6 month old son with my fiancée, we live together in a family life. I was wondering if this will work out for me, we have had some troubles with his mother, with her invasions into our relationship. I do question my fiancée faithfullness and love for me, because I have...

Our current situation as I see it. [ 6 Answers ]

Flash » The End of the World

View more questions Search