manishimwe04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 07:42 AM
    Shelf life of closed bottle of wine
    What is the shelf life of red wine?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Really depends on exactly what it is.
    Some wines are designed for drinking early, while others benefit from careful cellering.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 07:47 AM
    It depends on the type of wine it is and more importantly the details of the storage of the wine. If it have been kept in a dry. Cool environment with little disturbances then it should age well. Heavier red wines with higher tannins tend to do better. There are not many red wines that benefit from aging.

Aging of wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    How Long to Age Wine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Bottle of wine [ 5 Answers ]

THE BOTTLE OF WINE For all of us who are married, were married, wish we were married, or wish we weren't married, this is something to smile about the next time you see a bottle of wine: Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo...

1 bottle of wine in 3 nights. [ 15 Answers ]

If someone has a bottle of wine (regular bottle, liter?) maybe 3 to 4 glasses? Over a period of 3 nights, I'm thinking a glass a night or a glass and 1/4. Is that a problem? Should they seek help? Should they be ostracized? :confused:

Shelf life of wine [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the shelf life of a 1999 Cabernet sauvignon?

Safety of drinking wine that have been on the shelf for several years [ 5 Answers ]

What is the average shelf life of various wines, Zinfandel, Merlot, Lambrusco

Red wine shelf life? [ 6 Answers ]

What's a safe estimate for storing unopened red wine if you don't have a wine cellor or cooler? I just keep it in a cool and dark place, but don't want to risk it turning. How long do I have? Janie

View more questions Search