Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nadia21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 06:52 AM
    i have set up my email account wrong
    I can receive emails but cannot send them, it says when trying to send... THE HOST 'Nadia' could not be found.please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.Account 'nadia',protocol:SMTP,port:25,secure(SSL):no,socke t ERROR:1101,ERROR Number 0x800cccod
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 07:03 AM
    Your ISP's tech support line could give you all the details you need. Often they have a webpage you can access with all the details specific to your ISP.
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2010, 12:42 AM

Hi, you may have incorrectly set the outgoing pop serever address (but got the incoming one correct)also, are you sending emails from the correct account ? i.e. are you sending emails from the account provided by the ISP (as opposed to another one listed in your email client). The other thing to do is check the firewall.
    Joyhong software
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 04:15 AM

Many ISP's are changing their outgoing port numbers from the standard values for a good reason. Make sure it's 25.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IMAP/POP3 Email Set-UP Help Required [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have a webmail account (linked with my domain name) at 1&1 Internet. I work between two computers (PC with Outlook, Mac with Mac Mail and an iphone). I would like to set-up email so that it comes to all three devices in realtime - without clicking refresh, so that it will pop up with...

Correct email set up between iPhone and Thunderbird [ 2 Answers ]

I have Google email address. All my emails go to my laptop. Then I got new iPhone. Now, my iPhone receives my emails while I am on the road. I read my emails and delete them from iPhone - thinking, its copy will be on my laptop. Get to my office, open my laptop - there are no copies of those...

Email set up [ 2 Answers ]

Give me steps to set up a pop3 email on mac 10.5 leopard

How do you set up a website and email address? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering how to set up a website using my name, and an email address- e.g. Home - JoeBloggs.com - email, [email protected] is this expensive? Thanks

View more questions Search