Ask
    raymondgardner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 05:01 PM
    2002 malibu brake switch installment
    I need to know where is the brake light switch is located,on a 2002 malibu
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 05:09 PM

Look behind the pedal on the arm. If you jump with a jumper/or paper clip, brake lights should go on, if they don't a fuse may be bad.
    You should have 12 volts at brake switch, and 12 going out when pressed, you can tell if brake lights are working by the ability to place into gear(not 100%)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 05:11 PM

There is a free repair available for this problem as detailed here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bl...her_policy.pdf
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 12:01 PM

You'll need to contact your local GM dealer to verify coverage by that policy extension mentioned in the prior post. Your vehicle may be out by mileage if over 150,000 miles.
    Even still, the Hazard switch replacement may not correct a "no brake lights" concern. (We don't know yet why raymondgardner needs the location for that switch)
    Diagnosis is required as this is a complex circuit.

What are your symptoms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Chevy Malibu; Turn Signals work intermittenly [ 3 Answers ]

My wife has a 2002 Chevy Malibu. Recently, when she puts on her turn signals, they sometimes stop flashing. As bad as this sounds, when she hits the dash above the instrument cluster, they start working again. My question is, what is the name of the part that could be causing this? I have no...

Where can I find the brake switch on a 2002 ford explorer? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the brake switch on a 2002 ford explorer?

2002 Ford Brake Light Switch Issues [ 2 Answers ]

Have a 2002 Ford Excursion and a week ago I could not get it out of park, no 4 wheel drive etc... I found the 10 amp fuse blown and when replaced, it would blow immediately. Replaced the brake on/off switch and everything came back. Could shift it out of park, 4 wheel drive came back, all was fine...

2002 Malibu - slow to pull off [ 7 Answers ]

My 2002 Chevy Malibu has been having trouble getting up speed after pulling off. I paid $70 fro diagnostic, now they want $60 more. I am a single mother who can't afford to keep paying all these diagnostic fees. I wanted to use the dealer who might be able to pinpoint better, but afraid to take...

Malibu brake calipers [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the rear brake pads on our 2004 Chev Malibu. I can't seem to compress the piston on the caliper on the drivers side. There is also more wear to the passenger side pads. If the piston is locked, can I repair it or does it need to be replaced. Thanks in advance for any...

View more questions Search