Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammy Lyerly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Blower wheel makes a sound when running and after the furance panel is placed back.
    Hi, I had to clean my furnace fan with wd40 there was so much clunk and lint on it, and then when I turned it on I had to rotate the wheel to get it to work, It's been off for about 5 years because I thought the fan and blower went out. I just started using it again and now it makes a sound even when the cover panel is on.
    I own a 1987 sandhill mobile home. Do I need to replace this furnace and is there any cheap ones out there I can find, or would you know if just the blower fan wheel needs replaced. And how much it would cost for this service. I'm on a buget. Because of these economic times.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 10:49 AM
    You could just replace the fan motor and capacitor if so equipped as long as the rest of the unit is OK. Pricing is a local issue.
    Mtumeo2000 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 06:31 AM

Check out the hub of the blower you can do this by holding the hub and by hand rotate the blower if the wheel moves and the hub does not then you will need a new one and price it like state above will be a local issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace makes a rumbling sound when the blower starts. Could this be a motor that [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace makes a rumbling noise when the blower begins. Does this mean that the blower or furnace motor needs to oiled?

Jeep Liberty back wheel makes noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 jeep Liberty for the last 2 yrs. During very cold weather the back right wheel would make a loud rubbing sound with each revolution of the tire when I was in Reverse and turning the steering wheel all the way to the right. As soon as I drove it forward the sound would disappear. ...

Balancing a blower wheel [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I replaced a blower motor and the blower wheel on a Carrier 58PAV135-20. The job was successful, but I noticed the blower wheel has a minor wobble as it turns. I believe it has to do with the way the motor is mounted. Does anyone have a tip or trick about how to get everything...

Increasing furance blower output [ 2 Answers ]

Can I increase the furnace overall blower output to increase airflow to weak vents?

Carrier blower wheel [ 1 Answers ]

I need the size for a Carrier blower wheel , for model 40YAF060300,serial # 2891H03430.

View more questions Search