Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    singlewing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Concrete floor has an uneven area which causes the toilet to rock back and forth.
    Concrete floor under toilet has an uneven spot which causes the toilet to rock when someone sits on it. Have tightened the fixture to the floor as much as I dare without breaking it. Suggestions on how to level the area so that the toilet will set flush (pun intended) and not rock would be appreciated.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Hi Singlewing...

You may be best to go to a local home supply store and pick up some plastic wedges (see picture). Use these wedges where you need too and then use a good quality adhesive caulking to caulk the bowl to the flooring. Do not caulk all the way around the toilet... leave a 3 inch gap or so around the back side so that if the wax gasket gives you will know about it.

Leave the adhesive caulk to dry for 24 hours and all that rocking should be all set... ;)

Back to you...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing toilet flange on concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new toilet for basement bathroom... now I find the plastic flange in floor is broken. I have read about repairing it, but am not sure of the best way to attach the new partial flange to the old one. The floor is concrete and it looks like the old flange was set into the concrete when...

How to flatten uneven concrete floor for floating laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I must flatten (not necessarily level) an uneven concrete floor, 25'x15' in order to receive a floating laminate wood floor (Traffic Master Dimension). I imagine I'll have to do some grinding of high spots, but I'm most concerned about filling the low spots. SLC products sound scary difficult to...

Shower and toilet over concrete floor [ 4 Answers ]

I need to install a shower and toilet on a concrete floor the home 4" drain is 4 feet away and can be tapped into. What's the best way to build up a platform and how high does it need to be to make it work

Drilling Toilet Drain through concrete floor [ 1 Answers ]

I am renovating my 1930 Craftsman Bungalow (small) bathroom. The toilet drain is too far away from the original wall for a modern toilet to sit without having about a 5-6 inch gap behind it. The previous owner renovated once before and built out the wall to use a modern toilet on the old toilet...

Setting toilet on concrete floor [ 1 Answers ]

Our new house in the country is built on a slope, with the septic tank downhill from the house. The plumbers installed all necessary supply and drains for a basement bathroom. I will not need an up flushing toilet, but am not sure how to mount the toilet. All I have is a 4" pipe sticking out of...

View more questions Search