Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    west_coast_girl_39 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Website to free downloadable music to mp3 player
    Does anyone hear know of any websites that you can download free music for mp3 player. I'm new at this and just installed a new cd drive to my PC last night. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 17, 2006, 09:19 AM
    I THINK mtv.com and another site? Give a free download every week, not quite sure on this. Check out iTunes, too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by west_coast_girl_39
    Does anyone hear know of any websites that you can download free music for mp3 player. i'm new at this and just installed a new cd drive to my pc last night. any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks!
    There are lots of places that offer free music. Many bands have sites and offer free music to promote their work. There are other sites that promote music that may offer free tracks.

But I suspect you are looking for current music and most such tracks are copyright protected. If you have a CD drive you can "rip" tracks off legally purchased CDs and save them as MP3s to load on to your player. There are also many sites, like Rhapsody and Napster, where you can purchase single tracks or pay a monthly fee for unlimited downloads.

But, please, don't ask or expect us to help you pirate copyrighted works.

Nov 17, 2006, 09:40 AM
    Thanks Scott.. and I do hope that this was not an inappropriate question... I have cd's that I can burn onto the mp3 player for my own personal use... thanks again to all who responded so quickly..!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 09:46 AM
    No, the question was not inappropriate. It might have been worded to make it more clear that you were looking for legally free music. That might have changed my response somewhat.

Nov 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Yes you are right about that.. sorry for the confusion... but that is exactly what I wanted... can you help me in this area or can I just Google it?

Nov 17, 2006, 10:04 AM
    This site looked interesting:

http://www.peoplesound.com/FAQ/

Focuses on unsigned artists, a few are not bad.

And remember, download at your own risk. Use virus protection, spyware, etc.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 17, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Check out:

www.mp3.com

This is a pretty good site that has been around for quite some time.

Nov 17, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Thanks to the both of you..!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
    You're welcome. :)

Nov 17, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Most welcome!:)
    chrisII Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Does anyone hear know of any websites that you can download free music for mp3 player. i'm new at this and just installed a new cd drive to my pc last night. any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks!
    Try the Itunes, they are cheap, a buck for each. And the quality is great
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 18, 2007, 03:53 PM
    You can legally download songs if you already own the CD or DVD; there are lots of sites that do free downloads - just do a Google search.

Be careful to keep your antivirus and anti spyware up to date though, some file-sharing sites are full of viruses, and some unscrupulous sites will try to install spyware on your PC.

Limewire is probably a good place to start, but you need to pay a fee to join (it's a one-off payment).

Remember, pirated tracks are illegal, but there are a lot of public domain tracks you can download and some of them are well worth listening to.
    Melissa25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Ez music is a website that gives you 101 free songs to download. The only crap is its not the original artists. Very close though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creative MP3 player 20Gb [ 2 Answers ]

I got one for Xmas and a month later it stopped working. Has anyone had a similar experience and what does one do, I got mine through the Amazon. Any advise much appreciated

Mp3 Player [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone Have Any Thoughts On Mp3 Players? Other Than An I-pod Which Is Just Too Much Money... any Suggestions? Thanks

Free mp3 songs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi pals I just wanted to ask you were can I find all the free mp3 songs I need. Can you giv me a site with free indian mp3 songs ? Thank q

Mp3 free software [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any free softwares like audiogalaxy for downloading free mp3s

View more questions Search