Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superpurple1234 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Why does criminal investigation help determine a person(s) innocent or guilty
    I am trying to do a research paper on Criminal Investigation and how it is a key point in a court cases; determining if one is innocent or guilty.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 07:44 AM

Does this question have anything to do with your father's abuse of you when you were young?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2010, 07:50 AM

I would think this would be very obvious. Guilt in a criminal case is largely determined by evidence. It's the job of the investigators to to build an evidential case to present to the court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 08:32 AM

Investigators are looking for a suspect them after one is found, they look for enough evidence to arrest and change. They are not looking to find anyone "not guility" if they happen upon evidence that does, well they do, but that is not what they are out looking for

Jan 11, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Twinkle I was not abused, never have been! Lol! No I love forencis, and all so I want to do a Research paper on it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 09:45 AM

Forencis and criminal investigation are not the same thing, forencis merely review and provide facts on evidnece that the investigators, police officers and dect send into a crime lab.

Please don't confuse TV shows with what happens in real life

Jan 11, 2010, 09:50 AM

I know that! I want to know when investigating a crime scene. And gathering and going through all the evidence, why it is such a key point in the jury, or the court to saying that one is guilty, or not. Such as how do you know that the person was not set up or anything. Does that make sense??

Jan 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Plus, I know TV from reality, thank you!
    I going to college to major in criminal justics, with a concentration in forencis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Innocent till proven guilty [ 24 Answers ]

In our justice system, isn't a defendant presumed, to be Innocent, by the jury, until a Unamious verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, is reached ?

Innocent or guilty [ 2 Answers ]

Man I can't believe that Big 7 of the falcons is guilty my questions is do you all think it was a set up or did he really finance this evil

View more questions Search