Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 10:36 PM

sndbay,
    Yes, I do follow Christ every way that I can and being a member of His established Church is one of the important way.
    Joe's post is right on the button about this.
    Please and kindness,
    Fred
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    sndbay,
    Yes, I do follow Christ every way that I can and being a member of His established Church is one of the important way.
    Joe's post is right on the button about this.
    Please and kindness,
    Fred
    And what I believe by following Christ, is that Christians can be unity unto One Faith. It is one of the seven written vocations in the book of Ephesians that surround Christ Jesus in spiritual perfection.

This is not achieved just because someone is a member of a certain denomination, that came to be a member with one church following each other as members. (The Disciple Peter was a member that followed Christ the Master, and proclaimed that christians follow Christ.)
    This is achieved by being a member of the ONE Body, ONE Spirit, ONE Hope, ONE Lord, ONE Faith, ONE Baptism, ONE God and Father.

The One Body that Christ was on earth
    The One Spirit that is the spoken Word of God by the Holy Spirit
    The One Hope that Christ brought to us
    The One Lord that Christ is of the soul
    The One Faith that is confessed in begotten Son of God
    The One Baptism that buries us with Christ
    The One God and Father that Christ was raised to sits on the right hand

I trust in the Spirit of Truth written that says until each of us can be unity in knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man, do we achieve the measure of stature in the fullness of Christ.

I do not believe in gathering with sinners or sinning, because Christ brought division between righteousness and evil. Do NOT entangled again with the yoke of bondage with sin and satan is written in (Gal 5:1)

Instead we are to yoke ourselves with Christ. Christ's body and blood brought us righteousness, and faith unto the perfect man. And that perfect man follows Christ in the light of righteousness having the spirit. Dead, Buried and Raised with Christ as one with Christ. Then we are one with Christ just as Christ was One with the Father. (John 17:9-10-11) Christ did pray for us that are not of this world, just as He was not of this world. (John 17:13-14-15)

In (John 8:23-24) it is written how those that sin are from beneath. They that don't follow Christ, they that follow man as the Jews did in following the Pharisees.

Refer:

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

~child of God
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    …This is achieved by being a member of the ONE Body, ONE Spirit, ONE Hope, ONE Lord, ONE Faith, ONE Baptism, ONE God and Father.

The One Body that Christ was on earth
    The One Spirit that is the spoken Word of God by the Holy Spirit
    The One Hope that Christ brought to us
    The One Lord that Christ is of the soul
    The One Faith that is confessed in begotten Son of God
    The One Baptism that buries us with Christ
    The One God and Father that Christ was raised to sits on the right hand
    Haven't you just said , ”Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 One body and one Spirit: as you are called in one hope of your calling. 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism. 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all,” i.e. ONE CHURCH? (Eph 4:3-6.)

Shouldn't your list of One-ness simply be 'One Church' i.e.

1. One body
    2. One Spirit
    3. One hope in
    4. One Lord
    5. One faith
    6. One baptism
    7. One Father above all, through all, in us all

How do we explain these without 'Church'?

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post

how do we explain these without 'Church'?

JoeT
    The church are members, a gathering of people. Each are giving the vocations to follow. (vocations means divine invitation to embrace salvation of God)

Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how HE had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Glory is shown to God for opening the door of One Faith, and it is the members that gather to follow, and confess their belief in the begotten Son of God. (Acts 19:18)

John 5:15 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

The vocations surrounding Christ in spiritual perfection can makes us whole (metaph. teaching which does not deviate from the truth).

Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 08:43 AM
    And what I believe by following Christ, is that Christians can be unity unto One Faith. I
    So by saying this are you saying that ALL churches other than your brand are false? Or are they simply irrelevant because yours is the ONLY true religion?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 11:56 AM
    The church is members, a gathering of people. Each is given the vocations as follows. (Vocations means divine invitation to embrace salvation of God)

Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together , they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how HE had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Glory is shown to God for opening the door of One Faith, and it is the members that gather to follow, and confess their belief in the begotten Son of God. (Acts 19:18)
    This doesn't make much sense to me. A vocation doesn't make a 'Church'. Acts 14 tells us that they had arrived in Antioch and there they 'assembled the Church'. That is an organization that keeps the unity of the Spirit in Christ, “One body and one Spirit: as you are called in one hope of your calling. One Lord, one faith, one baptism to One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.” I call this ONE CHURCH, what do you think? If we find ourselves in 'unity with Christ' then we accept One, Holy, Universal, and Apostolic Faith in Christ - that's a given, it's like the New York Yankees saying they are part of the St. Louis Cardinal team because they play baseball - it don't work that way, dem Yankee boys don't even speak English. . How are you ONE if each has his own idea of what ONE means, what HOLY, means, what CATHOLIC means, and what APOSTOLIC teachings means. This isn't ONE; it's the anarchy of 'the one is me'.

A Christ centered vocation is described as a special gift (grace) in the Church of Jesus Christ. "Vocation is an affection, an inward force which makes a man feel impelled to enter the religious state, or some other state of life" (Lessius, De statu vitæ deligendo, n. 56). This may be as simple as entering into marriage or answering the call to a religious vocation. A vocation is to accept a state of life received from a Divine source. Unfortunate for our idea of 'Church' as a body of those with vocations is that vocations may be part of a Divine plan to bring the individuals outside the KIngdom of God to Christ through lifes pursuits.

John 5:15 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

The vocations surrounding Christ in spiritual perfection can make us whole (metaph. Teaching which does not deviate from the truth).

Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

John 5:15 doesn't deal with vocations; rather it deals with Christ's healing. Christ makes the man 'whole', he's told to get up and take his bed with him. The significance here is two fold. One is that it was the Sabbath and was forbidden to do work which raised a controvertible issue of Law – that is to carry his bed. The second occurs later when vesting the Temple (i.e. Church) the man finds Christ, unperturbed by the criticism from the Pharisees he comes to understand who Christ was and the power that was in Christ. Christ didn't say, 'take up your bed and get yourself a vocation' nor did he chastise him for attending 'Church'. Christ sent the man on his way warning him not to sin or worse would happen to him – obviously a reference to losing salvation.

So, how are we made whole with multiple bodies, different Spirits, different hopes in, differing Lords, having multiple faiths, multiple baptisms, and One Father above all, through all, in us all?

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    So by saying this are you saying that ALL churches other than your brand are false? Or are they simply irrelevant because yours is the ONLY true religion?
    I have a hunch that SndBay would answer this much differently. For me however, in reference to the ONLY true religion, I'd give you an enthusiastic yes.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 12:40 PM
    So by saying this are you saying that ALL churches other than your brand are false?
    No, If you mean by brand (denomination). And please understand I do not adhere to any denomination because, denominations are what man has formed and origanized. What is more important is whether the church organization follows the Christian Faith. No matter what denomination, it would need to be one of Christian Faith for me to consider attending.

Or are they simply irrelevant because yours is the ONLY true religion?
    The non-denominational church of Christian Faith is considered a gathering of people adhered to the Word of God, and confessed ONE Faith in the begotten Son of God Christ Jesus

450donn,
    Like Jesus said, He came not to bring peace but division. (Luke 12:51). The division was between righteousness and evil. I am not willing to judge people, but do discern between right and wrong. What I answer to is walking worthy of the vocation wherewith we were called (Eph 4:1) Giving diligence in keeping unity with the Holy Spirit that bonds and leads me in peace, love, and righteousness.

Review (Eph 4:7-13)
    Every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

Many do not believe what is written, but I do not judge them, but edify with truth that which is written in the Word of God

Review (Eph 4:23-24)
    We are to be renewed in the spirit of our mind; And put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

~in Christ
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 01:01 PM

A Christ centered vocation is described as a special gift (grace) in the Church of Jesus Christ. "Vocation is an affection, an inward force which makes a man feel impelled to enter the religious state, or some other state of life"

Eph 4:1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

A calling, the divine invitation to embrace salvation of God. Giving diligence in keeping unity with the Holy Spirit that bonds and leads in peace, love, and righteousness.

It was Faith that made possible the man to walk. And the glory unto to God!
    As it also is shown that Christ did the work of HIS Father. Christ walked diligence in keeping unity with the Holy Spirit as "One"
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Eph 4:1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

A calling, the divine invitation to embrace salvation of God. Giving diligence in keeping unity with the Holy Spirit that bonds and leads in peace, love, and righteousness.

It was Faith that made possible the man to walk. And the glory unto to God!
    As it also is shown that Christ did the work of HIS Father. Christ walked diligence in keeping unity with the Holy Spirit as "One"
    SndBay:

You're playing dodge ball. Church doesn't mean vocation, Church doesn't mean 'can't we just all get along', Church doesn't mean One Church is as good as another. How do we walk in God's glory bifurcated? Doesn't One-ness simply mean 'One Church' i.e.

1. One body
    2. One Spirit
    3. One hope in
    4. One Lord
    5. One faith
    6. One baptism
    7. One Father above all, through all, in us all?

If not why not? How do you not have One-ness with these? How do you have One-ness with these and a bifurcated Church, a bifurcated faith? How do we explain these without 'Church'?

Step up to the plate...

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 11:09 PM

I'm still interested in everyone's thought on why Jesus established what He called "My Church"
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Doesn't One-ness simply mean 'One Church' i.e.,
    The church is a gathering of members, if they are consider one-ness in the communed gathering, it is that they each hold stedfast as Christian saints.
    (1 Corinthians 1:2)

They believe in Christ Jesus as they are called by
    1. One body
    2. One Spirit
    3. One hope
    4. One Lord
    5. One Faith
    6. One Baptism
    7. One Father above all, through all, and in us all

Christ dwells within.

How do we explain these without 'Church'?

Step up to the plate....

JoeT
    By each member gathering to commune, does not mean that the individual is disconnected from Christ when they are not gathered.

Christ Body remains within each, Christ dwells within each member and each are gifted in accordance to God's will.(do not deny the Holy Spirit)

(in no way is Christ a material ascent on the outside that surround us)

Eph 1:22-23 And hath put all things under HIS feet, and gave HIM to be the head over all things to the church, Which is HIS body, the fulness of HIM that filleth all in all.

~in Christ
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:22 AM
    I'm still interested in everyone's thought on why Jesus established what He called "My Church"
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    To commune in a gathering of love, peace and righteousness.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Jan 20, 2010, 11:40 AM
    The early church came about so the people could fellowship together,
    Sharing with one another the things of the kingdom and the things
    Of God. They loved God and wanted a relationship with Him and
    God also wanted a relationship with them. Joshua 1:8 " This book of the
    law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein
    day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is
    written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and
    then thou shalt have good success." They wanted to be successful
    And prosperous so by being steadfastly committed to the Word of
    God it would come about. There strength comes from interlocking
    Their roots in fellowship and a relationship with God. Exodus 36
    Paints a picture of the tabernacle being constructrd in biblical
    Numerology terms. This is a also a picture of the building of God's
    People in the church. It's a good study, but later maybe.

Love and Blessings, Maggie
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:52 PM

Yes, The Church is a place of fellowship.
    It is also a place of unity, prayer, worship, and learning.
    We must remember that the first church members were recruited by the apostles and disciples of Jesus who lead, taught, and served them.
    That is what The Church is supposed to do yet today.
    Peace ans kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:28 PM
    We must remember that the first church members were recruited by the apostles and disciples of Jesus who lead, taught, and served them.
    Fred, are you saying they were not led by the Holy Spirit?(Mark 8:8 Having eyes, see ye not? And having ears, hear ye not? And do ye not remember?)

2 Corinthians 10:17-18 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Christ is the Way: (John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture)

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and He calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 10:4 And when He putteth forth His own sheep, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice.

Luke 13:23-24 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter, and shall not be able.

John 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

~in Christ
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 11:12 PM

sndbay,
    NO!
    I am saying no such thing. I am lead by God who is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and His Church which the bible tells us is the bride of Christ and lead and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    Please do not try to put you words in what I post.
    Thank you,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 11:13 PM

sndbay,
    NO!
    I am saying no such thing. I am lead by God who is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and His Church which the bible tells us is the bride of Christ and lead and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    Please do not try to put your words in what I post.
    Thank you,
    Fred
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 01:08 AM
    sndbay,
    NO!
    Thank you,
    Fred
    Well done Fred I didn't think it was possible to post a duplicate around here
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:27 PM
    sndbay,
    NO!
    Scripture speak of new Jerusalem, the holy city prepared as the bride.

Revel 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revel: 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revel 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The bride is detailed in the book of Revelation chapter 21. And when the bride is shown scripture clearly speak of no temple,
    Revel 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And review nothing will enter in that worketh abomination or that lies.

Revel 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Thank you,
    Fred
    I rebuke with scripture speaking the Word of God. The word is a straight plummet with the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Christ walks to lead HIS sheep and they follow HIM.(John 10:4)

1 John 2:5-6 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

How and Why Would You Follow Christ Jesus? [ 127 Answers ]

The scripture message, that men are cursed to trust man, would be a comparison to the commandment of having no other gods. To permit flesh/man to be the arm they reach to and follow, would be entering temptation. Our Lord has promised to search the hearts of man. And in that search, Our Lord...

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search