Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anilegna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Single driver versus multiple driver
    Eagan Electrical Instruments Company estimates manufacturing support as 950% of direct labor cost. Eagan's controller, Jim Chang, is concerned that the actual manufacturing support activity costs have differed substantially from the estimates in recent months. He suspects that the problem is related to the use of only one cost driver. Jim identifed the following three additional cost drivers that reflect support activities: number of material moves, number of setups, and number of machine hours. He developed the following rates to estimate manufacturing support activity costs:

Multiple Cost Driver System
    100% of direct labor cost
    $200 per move
    $300 per setup
    $20 per machine hour

Cost and Quantity May June
    Direct Labor Cost $3,000 $4,200
    # of material moves 50 70
    # of setups 30 40
    # of machine hours 1,000 1,200

Estimate manufacturing support cost using the single-driver and multiple-driver systems.

Why do the two sets of estimates differ?

Why will both methods fail to predict accurately the manufacturing support costs? Is one of the two methods likely to be more useful than the other? Explain.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 09:55 PM

Please see our guidelines for posting homework problems:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver Magic -- Auto Driver Updater [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a software program from Symplis it SymplisIT Corporation - Downloads & Updates I installed program, updated with version 1.1.1 update ---It appeared to install correctly, And update was successfully. The problem is an error message when I launch it... ( ERROR : RUN TIME ERROR...

I need driver for toshiba l100 model audio driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have laptop and I need driver for it model no satellite l100 audio driver

Driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a epson printer epson STYLUS PHOTO 785EPX THE computer went down and my Cd for the driver I LOST and can't find a driver that I can download for xp I check the web for the driver and cannot find it. :-[

Cd Rom, Cd driver, Cd writer driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had any problems with this before. I used to be able to save data, music, pictures and etc on my cd writer. I tried saving some pictures that I have recently gathered with our new baby and while my wife was pregnant. So I tried everything. The writer does not do anything. Does...

View more questions Search