Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrielly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
    What should I do if I cant say my R's
    I am a 14 year old girl and I want to take a speech class or I think I need to because I can't say my R's W's and other letters which make some words sound weird when I say them.what should in do? Iam in high school.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 07:52 PM

I would suggest that you find a friend that will work with you in how to pronounce different letters. Let them show you how you lips are shaped to say a letter and the same with your tongue. If after a few weeks this does not help then you could look for a speech class
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 08:03 PM

My fiancé and his sister can't say "R" and I think it's adorable and kind of sexy. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with it. But, you can practice at home or with a friend or go to a speech class.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 08:04 PM

Have your parents talk to your school system, they have programs with professions to help you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Hi, mrielly!

If you speak with your school nurse, he or she should also be able to advise you of the correct direction to go concerning people who could help you within the school system.

Foreign language teachers might also be able to help with such a thing by tutoring you, because they deal with teaching the pronunciation of letters and vowels all the time.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD-R Burning Problem/Recognizing CD-R's [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I recently bought a new computer and at first when I stuck in a cdr it would recognize it and ask me what I want to do with it. Now when I try to burn a cd, I stick in a cdr and go to my burning program (SONIC) and when I thry to burn, it says please insert a blank or writable CD. What has...

HOA Enforcement of CC&R's [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a viable alternative to filing liens on property in order to enforce HOA CC&R's?

Finalizing digital audio cd-r's [ 9 Answers ]

How do i finalize digital audio cd-r's so that i can burn a record to cd on a phonograph to cd burner model teac gf-350 multi music player/cd recorder?

View more questions Search