Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parkerdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Carrier thermostat problem. Time flashes, unit goes blank
    I have two heaters, both with carrier thermostats. One of them is failing to keep the time properly (time flashes) which of course messes up the programming. I swapped the two faceplates and had the same result in the first location with the other faceplate. Seems like the signal from the furnace is not always working and sometimes the whole unit goes blank. Any thoughts?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 05:43 PM
    Check the thermostat wiring to make sure it is OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier unit - thermostat dead [ 7 Answers ]

Hi hope you can help. We have a carrier unit that is approx 6 years old. The thermostat has no reading (also a carrier). Checked fuses on unit itself they are not blown. Flipped circuit breaker - still nothing. Took working thermostat from dowstairs up and still no reading/action of any sort. Any...

Carrier programmable thermostat gone blank [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier programmable thermostat that has gone blank. I have replaced the filter and reset the fuse for the furnace. It is still blank. Please what should l do next?

Carrier Thermostat went blank and heat no longer working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, On Friday my Carrier Thermostat went blank... and the heat is no longer working. I am assuming this happened because the furnace is no longer given any direction on what to be doing. The thermostat does not take batteries, so that is not the problem. The fan was still running for the...

Thermostat goes blank and turns ac unit off [ 6 Answers ]

Ac Repairman Just Worked On My Unit, Like Every Year This Time! And I Am Still Havivng Problems. I Will Notice The House Getting Warmer, I Go And Check The Thermostat And It Is Blank And The Ac Unit Outside Is Off Or The Fan Sounds Like Someone Has A Baseball Card In The Fan Blade, But Slowly...

Blank Thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I had the A/C unit running fine today... then all of a sudden my thermostat went blank... It was raining on and off today here in Plano, Texas... It is a Carrier A/C furnace unit, controlled by a Honeywell Thermostat... This thermostat gets its power from the unit itself... In the...

View more questions Search