Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Water just trickling
    Anr
    New Member Join Date: Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can you help with this problem
    The hot water just trickles out of the bath tap and the kitcken tap after a few seconds comes to a halt although the washbasin tap is OK.
    Your help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Sounds like you've failed to flush and clear your water heater of mineral build up and now its been sucked into your system and is now clogging the tub and kitchen faucet. The solution is to turn the water off, open up the valves and clear the seats and/or inlet ports. To tell you more I will need t6he brand name of each faucet and how old they are. In the mean time let me show you how to flush your water heater.

For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures. Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trickling Hot Water Upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my kitchen remodelled in my 60+ yr old house. In the process, the contractor shut off the water from the basement so that my family had no water on the 1st floor (incl. Kitchen) and the 2nd fl. Bathroom. We were asked to use the bathroom in the basement for the time being, which...

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Low water pressure kitchen sink; trickling [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We seem to be having a problem with our kitchen sink. The water pressure seems really low and the water is barely trickling out. We had this problem before, but cleaned out the little screen in the faucet and that seemed to help. This time we removed the Pur water filter so there was no...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search