Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayleighloveslee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 02:56 AM
    I want a baby
    I'm nearly 18 years old and have been dating my boyfriend aged 22 for 2 years and we have been trying for a baby 4 up 2 8months and I still haven't became pregnant can you tell me what other option there is to get pregnant?? :confused:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 03:17 AM
    Im not a doctor so I wouldn't really know but can I ask - WHY have a baby now? You are so young with a full life ahead of you. You are your boyfriend are still young, enjoy life together and baby can come later.
    Sorry don't want to sound like I'm patronizing you but there are lots of things to consider about before having a baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 05:39 AM
    I agree with Krs on this one. While we do not want to upset you, or sound patronizing we try and help you understand the implications of motherhood at such a young age.

I had my first at 22, my second at 24, third at 29, and my last at 38. In looking back I was not ready, mentally and emotionally, until I had my third.

You are soooo young. Also, you are not married. I know it doesn't matter this day in age, but it is just so much easer for the boyfriend to walk away when the "sh*t hits the fan" so to speak. And it will, babies tend to bring it on. Like when the baby get sick and you are hormonal and you are not getting any sleep and the baby is crying, and you are crying, and you get upset with him (because you are hormonal and tired and just can't help lashing out). He can up and leave you and there you are a single mother. Yes, it does happen in marriage too, divorce is way too common, however, it is harder and much more expensive.

That said, back to your question, have you been to the gynocologist yet? A check up could be in order. It typically takes 6 months to a year of trying for a woman to get pregnant. There are many factors that influence your chances of pregnancy, such as stress, and any birth control you may have used in the past.
    urstruly85 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I wish I could help you or offer any advice. However, I seem to have no trouble getting pregnant even on birth control. We could switch bodies..? LoL just joking. On the other hand it looks like both of yous should get checked out.
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Mar 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Hello let me tell you that I haven't gotten pregnant for 2year now. Everyone has a different body, and a baby will come when the time is ready. And I really think you should go get checked. GOOD LUCK:)
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
    There's not a lot you can do. Most couples get pregnant with in a year of trying and if you don't you should ses a doctor and get your insides checked out. Guy and girl both. Until that time, Try and stay active and eat right, studies show that those who have a BMI (and you can use a BMI calculator to find out what yours is) with a BMI between 20-30 are more likely to get pregnant, but over 25 is considered overwieght, so I would aim under that, but under 20 is not really healthy so that also would be bad. Also take a daily vitamine and a zinc and folic acid one also, they help.

And this might sound gross but try and aim that your boyfriend "finishs" inside you, with you on bottom. Directly after try placeing a pillow or to under your butt and hips to elevate your pelvious for about 15 minutes in order to help the spermies swim to the egg.

=)

Good luck!
    zelda Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kayleighloveslee
    im nearly 18 years old and have been dating my boyfriend aged 22 for 2 years and we have been trying for a baby 4 up 2 8months and i still havent became pregnant can u tell me wot other option ther is to get pregnant??? :confused:
    First of all have u been trying during ovulation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 years, well a year and a half ago we quit using birthcontrol and decided we would leave it up devine intervention. My birthday is July 15, 1973 and my husbands is July 2, 1973. Can anyone tell me if they see anything in the future as far having children?

Having a baby [ 9 Answers ]

I would really like to have a baby but I understood that if me and my partner have the same blood type we will not be able to have a baby. I am AB positive and my partner is also the same. Will we not be able to have a baby as we have the same blood type My partner have been having...

Baby was taken [ 16 Answers ]

On may 23 of this year my daughter, then was eight months old, was taken from me because someone called DCF on my husband and me. My daughter had a bruise on the butt and they took her. They tried to blame it on my husband, he was arrested and then the charges of child abuse were dropped. Now we...

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search