Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarkL187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 02:45 AM
    What is Residual Creditors
    What is the technical definition of Residual Creditors? Can you give an example of this. How does it differ from Trade Creditors?
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
    I think residual creditors are similar to unsecured creditors. Because in case of bankruptcy they are the last to receive their payments(residual amount) after paying to all the secured creditors.

Trade creditors are the creditors who supply goods or services on credit, normally free of cost(that is without any interest) generally for a period of 60 to 90 days. It is sometimes called spontaneous source of financing as it comes without any specific negotiations with the supplier.

similarity
    So if we can say both residual and trade creditors don't have any lien on the assets of the business.

Dissimilarity
    Normally residual creditors are considered as long term while, trade creditors are for short term period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditors [ 2 Answers ]

My car was impounded in Washington state. I offered to give the towing company my title for the car, they said that I still have to pay for it staying in the garage even though they had they title. Before they said this they sent me a letter saying they were going to sell it. How can the charge me...

Creditors contact after about 10 years [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 student loans that are about 10 years old. They have been on my credit report for about 9 years and just fell off about 8 months ago. Recently new creditors have been contacting me and I am worried that if I talk to them, try to pay, or make any arrangement at all it will place the...

Creditors after friend on social assistance [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who is on social assistance because she has a severe heart condition and is waiting for surgery. She's in her 20s and had no savings prior to becoming ill, and she doesn't have a family who can help her out financially. Actually she was one of my foster sisters, when I was in foster...

Creditors closing good accounts? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a creditor close a zero balance, paid as agreed status acct if it was not included in a Chapter 7?. My employer ( whom I hold a retail credit card) has automatically closed my account on me? Is this not fraud to report this reporting, when it was never included?

View more questions Search