Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Jan 10, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Met the ex wife
    I met my fiancés ex wife . They have been divorced 6 years she is remarried. They have children. There is no worry of a reconnection between them. We had dinner he,her and their daughter. It was a very nice dinner. Lots of laughter no silent pauses. She was very nice. And really beautiful. I am feeling a little bit frumpy in comparison. I know I shouldn't and looks are not everything. I know he loves me and thinks I am beautiful . Is this normal ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 08:13 AM

I think women compare themselves to other women all the time. It's almost ingrained into us.

He chose her; he chose you. I wouldn't be concerned about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 10:13 AM

OK, I asked my wife what she felt when she meet, she said it was more of a "ha ha" I got him.

At the end of the day, ex's with kids will be dealing with their ex for years to come and you will be dealing with her also some.

So just be happy that you won him at the end of the day, remember she is not that "perfect" most likely or she would not be a ex
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Jan 11, 2010, 06:52 AM

Thanks. I am not worried that he will change his mind. Just was feeling a bit sensitive. I am letting it go now.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 04:14 AM

I think you handled yourself with grace.

I'm happy that the evening went well for all of you.

It sounds like everybody enjoyed your company, and it had nothing to do with your physical appearance!

While I understand the comparison making, rest assured that with what you have said, you are the one.for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband tries to kill wife, wife gets plastic surgery and comes back 4 revenge. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find this movie title... its back in the 70s, 80's... I believe the name Eve is in the title... Its about a married elite couple who gets married and the husband only marries her for money... he than tries to have her killed and he thinks she's dead... but she lives and ends up...

Wife loves another man that she never even met. [ 59 Answers ]

I apologize for the length of this post, but there is a lot that needs to be said. If you want to get to just the question, skip to the ****. My wife and I have been together for seven years today. I admit, we did meet on the internet, on a car enthusiast website, to be exact. While we had...

H1B with H4 Wife and Citizen Son; how to file ITIN for Wife currently abroad. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed my return as single for 2007 as my wife joined me in late December 07. In 08 we had baby and whole year my wife was here, she is abroad for a while with baby and will be back only after may. I don't have ITIN for her; have social for my son though. How do I get ITIN because they ask...

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

View more questions Search