Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfg3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 12:39 AM
    93 Subaru intermittently won't start
    We own a 93 Subaru Impreza 1.8L 4-WD, with manual transmission. Our son has been driving it. It failed to start although it has adequate battery power. After a brief push and popping the clutch, the engine turned over properly. He drove it home, parked it, and shut off the engine. He then successfully started it again using only the key without a push. I think it is the starter. Does anyone know what the problem could be and what it will take to fix it? The vehicle is in the seattle area and has about 80k miles on it. Is this an easy do-it-yourself job, or does it require a professional garage? Suggestions and costs estimates (range) would be appreciated.

Thanks it advance.

My email: [email protected]
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2006, 08:56 AM
    It definitely sounds like a starter problem. The difficulty depends on the starter's location. Assuming access is not a problem, the job is very straight-forward and requires minimal tools. Before starting to remove the starter, make sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal. Here's an idea of what a replacement starter would cost:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...rchFor=Starter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air works intermittently [ 6 Answers ]

We have relatively new house. The central air was installed in 2001/2002. This is OUR first time using it. First thing I realized was the circuit breaker for the condenser and fan was bad, so I replaced that. The unit ran fine for a few days. Then we shut it off for a few days. When we...

Blower works intermittently for A/C [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old York furnace with central air. When turning on the A/C, sometimes the blower comes on, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it toggles off and on with a loud clicking sound. If I use the manual switch on the limit control, everything is fine, but of course, then the blower is on...

93 Subaru WRX nearly stalling in Idle? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My WRX is struggling to idle while in low rpms, Im having to keep the accelerator on to keep the rpms up & to stop it from stalling? Can someone gimmie some tips to fix this problem, I know it must be something easy ( I hope!) Thanks

Dryer works intermittently [ 6 Answers ]

My Kenmore dryer stopped working mid-cycle during a heavy laundry load (lots of jeans). You could push the START button, but it would only hum but not move. My husband opened it up, found some rubber bands that were keeping the dryer drum from turning. It then worked - for one load. On the...

View more questions Search