Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyjustice Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Mistaken identity and bench warrant and court hearing in L.A.
    My Uncle was arrested on a bench warrant for a probation violation from a DUI (paid his installment payment late). While in custody and upon release he was notified he had a "hold" in Los Angeles and is to present himself in 2 weeks. The problem is that the "hold" is for an alias he has never used and for an alleged arrest he was never arrested on... seems like a case of mistaken identity. His name and that of the other person are the same, but the last names are different, although quite similar. What can he do PRIOR to the court date if he cannot afford an attorney? What can he do at the time of the court date/hearing? Will he be taken into custody? And what the heck is a "hold'?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyjustice View Post
    What can he do PRIOR to the court date if he cannot afford an attorney? What can he do at the time of the court date/hearing?
    Hello again, lady:

NOTHING can be done PRIOR to the hearing... But, all he has to do is show the judge that he's NOT the guy they're looking for, and that shouldn't be too hard.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bench warrant [ 1 Answers ]

What are the statue of limitations on a bench warrant

Mistaken identity as juvenille [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 35 years old, back in 1988, I was picked up on a murder that I did not commit. They ended up arresting the persons who did it and they are serving life in jail. But as a result it is showing up on my record. How can I have it removed,considering it isn't me? I've been to prison when I...

Bench Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

If I have a bench warrant issued, for a traffice violation, can the police(law) arrest me at my house/job/while I'm walking with my baby? Thanks,

Help: a laywer placed a lien on us with a case of mistaken identity [ 12 Answers ]

Help. A lawyer placed a lien against us by mistake. He mistook my wife to be another person (identical name) who lost a judgment in California Superior court. The judgment's original + interest is in 6 figure numbers. I found out when I received a notice of renewal of judgment via mail. ...

View more questions Search