Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kel_kel170985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 07:46 PM
    Dwarf hamster has strange bump
    I have a dwarf hamster named surgar. I've had her since July of 2008 and she's been healthy and happy. About a month ago I noticed that she had lump to the side of her stomach. I was worried but tried not to think anything of it. Ever since then, it grew really big to a point where it looks almost detached. Its pink and almost hairless. It doesn't seem to bother her though but I notice that its hard for her to walk with such a big thing hanging from her (it also takes up almost one side of her stomach). Im really worried but my parents don't want to spend money on a vet if it costs too much. I don't really know much about hamsters but I'm really worried about her. Is there anything I can do? Or is it something that I just have to let be?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 08:32 PM

Sounds like a tumor, but that's just a guess. Sadly it's a guess based on stats and the majority of hamsters die of cancer.

There's not much you can do if you can't go to the vet.

Just try to make her as comfortable as possible.
    kel_kel170985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 09:53 AM

Yeah that's what I was thinking it was. I guess all I can do is stay with her and hope for the best.
    Boots011 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2010, 08:58 PM

An abscess does not always mean cancer, but it can. Keep an eye on her weight-- make sure she's not thinning out.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jan 26, 2010, 06:03 PM

Can you get a picture of it?

Joy
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joyluo1999 View Post
    Can you get a picture of it?

Joy
    Why, are you a vet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Hamster Has a Bump/Scap [ 7 Answers ]

My Hamster Has a Bump/scab (What I think it it) And the hair around it is kind of moving away or coming off. She is about Half a Year old I Got Her in Around June 2008. Im Worried If it is something that will harm her, I just noticed it about 2 nights ago. It has been there before but I never...

My hamster has a really weird bump! [ 20 Answers ]

My dwarf hamster, Fizz, has this really odd bump on the left side of her bladder/lower stomach area. It is all pink and has almost no hair. It looks like it would really hurt, but Fizz is Showing no signs of pain and is behaving normally. I only have one hamster and I'm really worried. THE BUMP...

View more questions Search