Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    es4761 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 06:04 PM
    My jeep turns over but won't start. It will run when I put starting fluid but won't run
    My Jeep will will turn over but won't start. I changed the "O" ring in the injectors cause I heard that might be a problem, still nothing. It will start when I spray starting fluid but will only run until it burns through the fluid.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 06:09 PM

Perform tests in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675

Particularly focus on the fuel test. Can you hear the fuel pump in the gas tank run, when you turn the ignition switch to ON? Be sure to test all under hood and under dash fuses thoroughly; ditto for any fuel pump relay. Change the fuel filter, if it has not been changed in the last 25,000 miles or 2 years.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 06:10 PM

Have you checked the fuel pump? It's located inside the fuel tank. My fuel pump needed to be changed in my 1994 Jeep GC and the tank had to be pulled. I had free labor but the new pump cost me about $150. Had I taken it to the dealer it would have been about a $650 repair and that was back in 2004. I'd hate to see what they charge now!

Also, another thought. Have you changed your fuel filter lately? That could impede the fuel as well. Clogged filters can do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

88 civic lx will start but won't run [ 1 Answers ]

88 civic 1.5 lit. engine motor will run while the starter is engaged as soon as the stater is this engaged the motor cuts off. Help clark in N.C.

Put in oil won't run [ 3 Answers ]

Hi have a mtd yardman 5hp tiller was using it the other day turned it off and came back out checked oil where there was a white fill plug filled it with oil when started a big cloud of oil came out and it quit what did I break ? The model # is 21aa 412a352 the row of#s below it is 1622256 it's a...

89 civic won't run or start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 89 civic that will run and then out of the blue it will die,sometimes it will restart and sometimes it won't.I can hear the fuel pump running and I can smell gas.It seems to be electrical somehow.It seems to have a mind of its own.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

92 honda civic won't start until key is in run for 15-20 minutes. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a 92 honda civic EX. I have a problem with the car not starting for 15 to 20 minutes once I turn the car to start. The check engine light is on then once it goes out it I hear a sound as if the fuel pump kicks on and a noise coming from under the dash area then it will beable to start....

View more questions Search