Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rascal728 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 04:20 PM
    "all of a sudden" hampton bay just died.
    I have a three speed fan with remote and light fixture that worked great for about 4 years until last night. Lights were on with no fan when I heard a pop and all three light bulbs burned out at the same time. Tried the fan and nothing, replaced bulbs and nothing, played with both chain switches and remote but still nothing. I then removed light fixture from fan and checked for power. Both blue and white wires were hot. I took down the fan and everything looks good nothing besides the bulbs smell burnt
    donmcf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 05:16 PM

I had a similar experience with my Hampton Bay Ceiling fan, except everything went out at the same time. It turned out to be the remote control sensor unit, which is a circular white plastic unit that is located above the lights but below the blades (I think). Anyway, since it was out of warranty, it cost me about $50 for the part and I installed it myself (easily). Just a thought...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 02:00 AM

Since your fan has pullchains:

Open the fan at the ceiling. Remove the receiver. Wire the fan without it. Fan will now work from the pullchains.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Model AC-527 "NN" works crazy [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just moved into this new place which already has an Hampton Bay fan -- Model: AC-527 "NN" installed. There is a switch to turn it on. But it works erratically where sometimes only the light turns on, sometimes the light and fan, sometimes just the fan and sometimes neither. It works very...

Hampton bay ac-552 (sku#474-628) "kk" [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find replacement blade arms for a hampton bay ceiling fan? e75795 Model: ac-552 (sku#474-628) "KK" Mfgr no. 5a 00007 Upc# 718212040300 Vendor# 445993 s/n: 004136D

Hampton bay "sidewinder" ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove the glass to change the bulb in the Hampton Bay "sidewinder" ceiling fan?

Hampton Bay "Belmont" Model Ceiling Fan-Reversing [ 3 Answers ]

I have had many fans through the years that were reversubke (including four in my home when I installed the Belmont), and all of them are reversible via a sliding switch on the side of the housing--as indicated by the two members who responded to my first question. However, there is no such...

Using 4.5" downrod instead of 12"-Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay-Frontera ceiling fan with the optional 4.5" downrod option instead of the standard 12". It does not appear that the 4.5" rod will fit because of the fan's decorative scroll. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

View more questions Search