Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aapcowboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 04:03 PM
    What is my next step after a Writ of Garnishment has been served and the bank has ans
    I received a judgement in Small claims court. I filed for and received a Writ of Garnishment on the Bank account of the defendant. The bank was served and the bank then answered. What is my next step in collecting on the Garnishment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2010, 04:25 PM

What answer did the bank give? Generally they will freeze the account fir a period. If the writ isn't vacated within that time, the money is turned over to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 04:49 PM

Yes, what was the bank answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment (Bank Account) [ 9 Answers ]

If A writ of Garnishment is issued by a court in Texas can the plaintiff execute this garnishment on my bank account in New York? I am a resident of Texas but when I moved from New york I never changed banks. My bank is also not available anywhere in the State of Texas. Can the creditor still...

Writ of garnishment on bank account [ 14 Answers ]

I received a writ of garnishment on my joint bank account with my boyfriend. It is from an old credit card debt now handled by attorneys. They did this once before, March 2009 and took our entire income tax return an paychecks after "freezing" the funds. This makes it difficult to even keep a job...

Writ of garnishment on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas. Can a credit card creditor place a writ of garnishment on my bank account for an unpaid debt?

Writ served on joint bank account [ 4 Answers ]

A writ was served against a joint bank account with my current husband. The account was set out as exempt in a motion I filed myself. The original debt was 15 years ago with ex-husband. The bank has frozen the account so we have aboslutely no money even to hire a lawyer! The writ was served the...

View more questions Search