Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmj1361 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Newborn kittens
    My cat had kittens this morning at 6 am. He had 5 and I would like to know when can I change the blankets that they were born on?
    Sovereignty Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 07:16 AM
    http://www.angelfire.com/il/kimlance/development.html

Yes you can change the blanket (the website above changes them once an day). It isn't recommended to handle the kittens too much until they are about 3 weeks old, but a quick check up (no fleas, check if clean, weighing (kitchen scales, in a bowl same time every day), eyes) is all right.

The website is from a rescue group and they REALLY know their stuff! And it will help you figure out stuff before you eve think about it (its a bit long but very informative.)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Call the newspaper if "he " had five!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three newborn kittens still joined. [ 1 Answers ]

One of our cats had a litter yesterday. Three of the kittens are joined together by what looks like a placenta conduit that runs into each. What can we do? Is this something the mother will take care of? Something only a Vet can deal with? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Newborn kittens [ 7 Answers ]

One of my cats gave birth to 6 kittens Tuesday morning... Wednesday morning my 2 other cats went to the vets to get spayed. One of them was 6 weeks pregnant so they aborted the babies and spayed her. When I brought the other 2 cats home from the vets, the one that was pregnant tried to take over...

Newborn kittens 5-6 weeks old [ 1 Answers ]

I found a litter of kittens who's mother abandoned them. I have had them for 4 weeks they were approximately 1 week old when I found them. I currently have 1 of the kittens who's appetite decreased dramatically. She is taking vitamin supplements with her milk. But she is not eating as much as she...

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

View more questions Search