Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wot90s Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Black particles in water
    The city just replaced the main at the street in Orange Park, fl. Is anyone else having these problems live in OP. It happens when my sister is gone from home for a week or two, and the water hasn't been running. The city just cleaned out their lines, and the water had the black particles in it also. Now, they are telling my sister it is her problem, they put a back flow valve on the water line, but still just as much black stuf comes out. Also , interesting to me, when you put the black between fingers, it will disappear, But boil it or try to remove it from a plastic pitcher, it will not disappear. Anyone else come up with an answer. We had the problem a few years ago, but now we really don't leave home for any time so the water is always running. If you run it while you are at home, there is no black in the water.

Email is [email protected] if anyone has answers. Would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Black Particles in water [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I've discovered black particles in my water when I fill up a sink or bathtub. I contacted the water company and they believe the stuff is coming from within my house plumbing or water heater. The particles smear in the bottom of a tub or sink when touched. When they come out of the faucet...

Black,grey,white particles coming out of hot water in 1 bathtub [ 7 Answers ]

When I turn on my HOT water in my bathtub... black,grey,white particles/debris come out. They feel sandy/rockish... tiny and some larger like tiny stones. After a bath, I can get about 1 tablespoon of this debris out of the tub. I have done checking... only happens with my hot water. And only...

Salt/Sand particles in water, low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

This evening we noticed that the main kitchen sink lost all pressure and sand/salt was appearing in the water from all sinks/showers. How is this happening and how do you fix it?

Yellow bath water with red brick dust type particles! [ 5 Answers ]

We don't use the bath very often (tend to shower more) but recently ran a bath. The water is coming out yellow coloured and has small particles of what looks like red brick dust. We've run the bath for up to an hour at a time, and it isn't improving. Anyone had the same or know what it might...

Plumbing, particles in hot water [ 2 Answers ]

For several months at least, I have been cleaning the aerators on my faucets and finding much white particles, very white. They are small but they obstruct the flow. I have determined that they are only in the hot water by running the hot water through a strainer at a sink without an aerator. They...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.