Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnboywv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Goodman electric heat pump furnace,I set the thermostat at 72 but won't get above 68
    Me and my wife just bought this house,the fella we bought it from had a new furnace installed it's a goodman electric heat pump furnace,it's still under warranty,but instead of calling and having to wait on someone to come out to the house I would like to fix myself,I set the thermostat at 72 but since we've moved in it hasn't gotten above 68,it's in the teens at night,20's during the day,days it'll make it's way up to 68,nights drops into the low 60's,any help will be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric furnace does not turn off at thermostat set point [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat seems to work by sending a signal to the electric forced air furnace to turn off at the temperature set point but the furnace continues to operate. Why is this?

Goodman heat pump does not click off when thermostat reaches desired temp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman heat pump model #a32-10 controlled by a Honeywell Thermostat model #RTH3100C-installed last winter. Temperature in South Carolina this week has been ranging in the day in the lower to mid-40's and at night ranging in 20's or teens. I usually keep thermostat set between 66-68. The...

Coleman electric furnace/heat pump. When elec heat comes on, it will not shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

Last week when I got up for work I noticed the house warmer than normal. I found the electric heat strips still energized. Tstat was set for 70 house was 74. I do hvac work but deal with air handlers, chillers and small boilers, only residential when its mine. Anyway, I asked the guy at Johnstone...

Goodman Furnace and Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I am shopping for a new HVAC system, have received a quote that sounds very good but I have never heard of a Goodman system. I trust the local dealer. What is the general feeling about Goodman products? My house is about 1250 sq ft, furnace proposed is 90,000 BTU Heat Pump is 14 SEER, located in...

Goodman electric heat pump valves. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a house with a 2004 goodman heat pump. During a recent cold spell I learned the referidgerant ran out so I had it filled. Within 24 hours the system was blowing cold air. Another repair guy came out and told me the valve inside the heat pump was broken and could not be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.