Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wesley007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Overstay
    If you came to the USA on a f1 visa, which is only good for 4 years and have remained in the US on "over stay" for the past 1 month (because it expired in November 2009), and you want to marry an American fiancée , can that person get a Green Card by marrying the American citizen? Is being on overstay Illegal? Are they then eligible for Citizenship after they get the Green card. ALso my US drivers license which I used as an id everywhere I go has expired for more than 2 months now and I plan to move to Texas stay with my american fiancée but am afraid I can't do that since both I-94. Passport and US my drivers license have expired. What can my american fiancé and I do? Please help me!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 06:23 PM

Did you complete your last semester? If yes, when was it?
    wesley007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Did you complete your last semester? If yes, when was it?
    No I ddidnt. I been out of school for 2 years.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 12:14 PM

It's a surprise that ICE didn't come knocking on your door after 6 months like many others. Your only choice is marry your US citizen fiancée and then file adjustment of status... consult experienced immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US overstay Ban? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I will try to be as short but detailed as possible here. I am a US citizen, my husband is a UK citizen. In 2001 my husband came to the states (we were not married yet). He stayed his 3 month allowance and came back to the UK. He then returned to the US after which time we suffered a...

Non EU citizen overstay in France [ 1 Answers ]

I am a New Zealand citizen in a (20 year) defacto relationship with a UK born passport holder. We have been living in France for the past 2 years and I do not have a long stay visa. We had not planned on staying so long but it is the way it has turned out. I did not realise that I was...

My fianc? Overstay in us. Can I sue them? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé had overstay in us now she's living in the house of a married american guy. Can I sue them?

Visa overstay [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I just got married in April , I am pregnant and he can't find a job because he doesn't have papers. He overstayed his visa... He is from Jordan and I'm american, who can I talk to or what can I do, to get him a work permit without him being deported... If someone calls immigration...

View more questions Search