Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rioosogal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Changed 2000 camry brake light switch, but still will not shift and no brake lights
    My sons 2000 Camry stopped shifting, no brake lights and no cruise control. I changed out the brake light switch, but it still does not work? Any ideas, please. Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 04:15 PM

Could be a fuse.
    Won't shift until brake circuit fixed.
    Remove Brake switch, jump 2 contacts(some have more), if it lights, switch is the problem and needs to be adjusted or replaced.
    If it doesn't light, you need to see why you have no power to one side of brake switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Camry intermittent brake light [ 7 Answers ]

For over 3 months the dash board brake warning light on my 1997 2.2 Toyota Camry Auto has come on intermittently - sometimes not for 2-3 days then 2-4 times in an hour but always goes out after a few minutes. This is the same panel light as for the handbrake. The brakes are working 100%. I have...

2005 toyota camry brake light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2005 toyota camry and my rear driver side brake light bulb is out. Can anyone suggest how to replace the bulb? Thanks.

2005 Camry Brake light removal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Having trouble removing the brake light bulb from the socket on a 2005. I've gotten to the socket with a 1/4 turn but the bulb looks like it's locked in with 4 small plastic pins, (2 on each side with a wedge hook). Do I need a special tool? Any help most...

After replacing Brake Light Switch Now can't shift car out of Park. [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to replace the brake light switch to solve my "Brake Lights Remain On" problem. Now I can not get my car out of park. Why can't I now put the car into gear? I have an automatic transmission. 2002 Ford Explorer is my car.

Windstar brake lights and shift interlock [ 1 Answers ]

I have ford windstar 2003. After I start the car it would not move from Park to drive. I have to shut the engine off, depress the brake paddle and move it from Park to drive and than start the engine. At the same time none of my brake lights works. I tried to check the fuse and bulbs, they all...

View more questions Search