Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slw1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 11:26 AM
    I cant talk to my mother, who can I talk to? - helpline
    I think I have an anger problem, I've researched them and their qualities, I need to talk to someone about it, I can't ask my mum she will just say I'm being silly or its just my imagination, I get so angry over minor things, this lasts too long right now, this has lasted about an hour. My mum is at my stepdads and I have my grandmother and uncle to talk to but I cant, I'm not as close with them as I am to my mum. Every time I become angry, I cry, my mum says I'm over reacting but it lets me express the anger without damaging something, it leads to aggression, I feel like I could really damage someone or something, without thinking of the consiquences, I feel it will help my anger. Who can I talk to about this anger problem? Or to find out if it is an actually anger problem?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 11:34 AM

Sweetie, why can't you talk to your Mom? You have a good relationship with her - she'd want to know when you're hurting.

Do you have a guidance counselor at school? A pastor or priest?
    TypicalPisces Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 02:57 AM

OK, first of all, I am sure your mother means well and I think that you are looking at what she is saying to you from the wrong perspective... Try this... Try to keep a log of these episodes where you feel you may be acting in an overly aggressive manner. Note the times they occur, what you were doing before, who was involved, and most importantly, pay close attention to when it is that you decied to act out your anger, to allow others to see your anger. After you get a couple logged in, see if you can see any patterns. You would be amazed at what you discover. If these episodes are still bothering you... Try to set aside 20-30 min. where you can be by yourself, undisturbed. Sit and think back to one of the incidents you put in your log and try to play it back as if you were a cloud, or a bird... looking down on the incident completely uninvolved. Once you have run through the scene and seen it from all angles... start to change things. These things can be little details like the color of the carpet, or they could be a little more significant like the person who is involved. You can even make the scene funny by putting a huge booger in someone's nose or have them wearing a baby pig as a hat... Play with a couple of incidents like that. It might make you feel a little more in control of your emotions. I hope this helps, Good luck to you, and remember that there is no wrong emotion, nor is there ever an emotion that is too intense. Feeling this intensity of emotion only means that you are a deeper individual than most people. A problem only arises when you act out your anger, or any emotion for that matter, before you have a firm grip on it.
    Sliver Princess Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 05:35 PM
    I can never talk to my mom... shes just like Grow up and stop crying. So I feel you. But if I need to talk to someone I talk to my grandma she helps me.. if you can't talk to anyone in your family talk to a friend or a consular or therapist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

Shoul I talk to my mother [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't seen my mother in the last 10 years because she traveled to another country to work so my family and I can have a better life, we only talked on the phone, but when I was becoming a teenager I didn't want to talk to her, so I guess I hurt her too many times, when she asked me how I was...

Me and mother no longer talk since her money was stolen [ 11 Answers ]

It takes a lot out of me to share this with people over thei internet but who will judge me here. I was very close to my mom would do anything for her and lately she has been dringking very heavily and I have tried to support her but recently decided to not support her she is becoming a very...

I'm only 18 & pregnant, his mother won't let me talk to him [ 1 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old girl that lives in Nevada , the father of my child is 16; but turning 17 in January. His mother refuses to let me talk to him or see him until the baby is born. Do I have any rights to see him? What can I do. I'm so new to all this and have been crying for weeks, I have no...

Can't talk to my mother [ 14 Answers ]

I feel like I can't talk to my mother. She yells at me for the littlest things. I scared to talk to her! This isn't how it should be, so I need to know what to do!

View more questions Search