Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdjuv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Alphabatizing hyphenated names
    Do you file a hyphenated name by the first part of the name or the last? Example:

Matthews-Smith. File under "M" or "S"
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 07:42 AM
    File under M

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woman takes both married names hyphenated? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for a widow woman, who is getting married, to take and hyphenate her previous married name with her new married name?:confused: :confused:

Hyphenated name [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently divorced, in my divorce papers I legally hyphenated my name to my maiden name-married name keeping the latter name because of small children. My question is: can I legally use only the first portion (maiden name) alone when changing my credit cards and work ids and bank accounts?

Correct Alphabatizing when filing [ 2 Answers ]

If one is filing a file by the company name of Don Hummer Trucking, which is a business, would on e file the under "D" or "H?" Thank you

Hyphenated name usage [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé really wants to take his last name, but I'm 25 and love my last name and my family. If I hyphenate my name is it legal for me to use his last name when we get to issues with our future kids, and my last name when I'm dealing with my own business?

Hyphenated names [ 4 Answers ]

Must children have hiphenated names since it's parents are not married or common law?

View more questions Search