Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danistwins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 07:34 AM
    How can I file for abandonment in Georgia?
    I have an open case with GA Child Support Enforcement since 09/11/09. The father and I were together for 9 years. We were together at the time of their births and he signed their birth certificates, now after his appointment with the local child support office, he decides he wants paternity tests for the twins. He has not paid me any child support in 45 days, and when he does its between $50-100 per month since September. He makes over $50k and has a good job. I work part time and I am a full time student. What should I do?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:27 AM

What does abandonment have to do with your situation? He has been paying (maybe not a lot but something) so that right there says that he hasn't legally abandoned the children. I think your second question is more appropriate... what should you do. You keep going back to court to have the order enforced if he dosen't pay enough to satisfy the court they can order that his pay be garnished (unless he files under a 1099). In the mean time you might want to get a full time job. I know it isn't always the easiest thing to do but the extra money will help. How much is he ordered to pay? Does he have any older children that he also pays support on?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 10:46 AM

One thing you might think about is working full time. Since it seems you can't depend on the child support and then maybe put off schooling until your children are older. Unless you feel you can do both. Many people do it. Being only 45 days behind is not abandonment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Abandonment in Georgia [ 8 Answers ]

What papers can a layman file, and what county do you file in? The father has not paid child support for 60+ days. He lives in Georgia, but in a differen t county than where the mother and child live.

How do I file for child abandonment and when can I file? [ 15 Answers ]

My daughters father has not seen her for over a year and he just left without telling me he was leaving. I do have a child support order and I have full custody of her. Im just afraid that he will try to take her away from me later in life and I don't want her to go through that because Im with a...

Child abandonment in dekalb county Georgia. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently filed for a child abandonment warrant in dekalb county goergia. What is the process? Will the father be granted visitation?

When can you file for abandonment in Georgia? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had an open case with ocss for over a year and nothing has happened. We know where he works, makes good money. He is $60K + in the rears, I mean what's a girl got to do?

Abandonment in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I have a family member recently arrested in SC and taken back to Georgia for Child Abandonment. His ex has refused to let himsee the child so therefore he would not pay his support we have emails stating for him not to call her house her son his son does not live there. In jail now for 1 month no...

View more questions Search