Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 8, 2010, 05:59 AM
    Horrible fight
    My father and I had a horrible fight this morning and now I'm at school and I'm so mad I'm still literally shaking from how pissed off I am at him. I feel like the next person who gives me a hard time I'm going to go off at them and I really don't want to do it. I never really had anger problems but when my dad took my car away from me for no reason this morning I almost lost it, I kicked the side of MY CAR and he said I can't have it for the entire weekend. I think it's the bigest load of bull I've had to deal with. Is there anyway you think I could get my car back for this weekend? I need a lot of input guys please help me!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Dude, what started this fight? I mean he didn't just walk up to you and say you can't have your car. There has to be more to this story.

Jan 8, 2010, 07:34 AM

He told me I had to wash the floors at the house before school and it was already 7:15 and school starts in 30 minutes and I couldn't do it in time. Then my dad took the keys for today and then I kicked my car and he said I can't have them for the weekend. So now I have to walk 3 miles to work later in the freezing snow.
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Well, kicking the car wasn't a good idea was it?

He was being a little irrational asking you to do the floors before school though. Was this something you knew you were going to have to do? Were you supposed to do this yesterday but didn't?

Jan 8, 2010, 07:45 AM

This was something he told me to do literally as I was walking out the door for school. I nearly busted out laughing when he said it. But ends up he wasen't joking around.
    Bentzle Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Jan 8, 2010, 07:51 AM

Metalhead,
    Seems to me that you just are interested in getting your car back. You don't want to elaborate on what YOU have done to make your dad take your keys from you. Maybe your dad loves you enough to stand up to you to protect you from yourself. I am so happy now that I am older that my dad had the intestinal fortitude to keep me on the right path when I was young. Try to look at the argument from his perspective. When you snap out and kick in the side of the car, it shows by your actions that you are not putting your mind in gear before putting your mouth in motion. I know you are frustrated now, but time heals many wounds. I find the answers to all my problems by saying a short prayer to God to give me the patience and wisdom to see the broader picture. A little quiet time in reflection is better and more productive than acting out your frustration in anger. Good luck! (When you take G.O.D. out of GO0D, you are left with nothing)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:02 AM

You have posted that you turn your anger toward yourself, self mutilate. Are you on your medication? Is that contributing to your current problem?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...on-407750.html
    Bentzle Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Jan 8, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Metalhead,
    Maybe your dad is having problems and in a sense he is taking his frustrations out on you. Time heals many wounds. Give him a little time to cool down and it doesn't hurt to apologize for your reaction to his request. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he was right. Maybe he will see things clearer from your perspective and apologize to you. However, If you were told to do something earlier and brushed it off, then you will never have enough time to get things accomplished

Jan 8, 2010, 08:09 AM

I'm on anti-depressants and ADHD medication but that doesn't contribute to my anger, I don't think I'm more angry than most any other teenager would be and I'm not looking for sympathy I'm looking for ways to get my dad to let me have my keys. Reason I disagreed before was because he said that I didn't want to elaborate on why I got the keys taken when in actuality I had answered that question, If someone posts something without reading the entire thread that's not my fault.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:10 AM

Before you go off on someone in school who is an innocent person,think before you act.Its just not worth it.

When you get a chance,talk to your father and calmly explain your position and see what happens.

I am a parent and I have been known to make harsh judgments that I have then relented on.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:11 AM
    Nm.

Jan 8, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Before you go off on someone in school who is an innocent person,think before you act.Its just not worth it.

When you get a chance,talk to your father and calmly explain your position and see what happens.

I am a parent and I have been known to make harsh judgments that I have then relented on.
    Dear Artlady,
    At my school there aren't too many innocent people. I go to catholic school and surprise surpize most people here are mean and cruel but so is almost every high school student body. Everyone here except the few people I'm friends with aren't mean. I talked to my one friend and she calmed me down a bit and I vented a bit now but I really don't understand why my father would have made such a bizard request at the last minute when he knew I would have been late for school?
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead11592 View Post
    i'm looking for ways to get my dad to let me have my keys.
    Oh, goodness... as a parent of a teen myself, this would make me more upset and hold on to the keys longer.

You want the keys? Go home from school (why are you on the computer anyway, you should be listening and learning right now... another reason to keep the keys away longer), and do the floors, apologize to your father for over reacting. Not saying it will work, but it may help give you "brownie points."
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Aren't you supposed to be in class right now? Why are you online?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead11592 View Post
    Dear Artlady,
    At my school there aren't too many innocent people. I go to catholic school and surprize surpize most people here are mean and cruel but so is almost every highschool student body. Everyone here except the few people i'm friends with aren't mean. I talked to my one friend and she calmed me down a bit and i vented a bit now but i really dont understand why my father would have made such a bizard request at the last minute when he knew i would have been late for school?
    Maybe he was teed off because the floor was dirty and he was having a bad day.

Were you supposed to do this chore yesterday or something?

We all get up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes,and you were there so he took it out on you.. No excuse, but see what happens when you get a chance to talk to him calmly and explain that you need the car for work.
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 08:23 AM
    I'm still wondering what you are doing online when you are supposed to be in class.

Jan 8, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be in class right now? Why are you online?
    Haha I go to Catholic school and I'm a senior I took all the classes I had to previously and now I have about 7 study halls a week with about 5 art classes and what-not put into my schuduel and I have a laptop with internet access in school =] so yes I'm getting my work done and then some. Since I did all my required classes I also take a college math class and anatomy class as well as a criminal justice class I just tend to get the work done extremely quick so its no worries!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:36 AM

I guess my question in all of this is: whose name is the car registered in? Who bought it and insures it?
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Haha... I went to Catholic school as well. I'm not stupid.

Now, as a mother of a teen, I know you should not be online while in class, even study hall. If you are allowed online, it's not for a site like this.

I don't mean to sound like your father, but if you want respect from him, you will respect the rules of the school as well.

You really should get offline before you get into trouble at school. That would mean even worse punishment when you get home.

Now, you can do this voluntarily, or, as a SuperModerator, I can help you.

Jan 8, 2010, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    I guess my question in all of this is: whose name is the car registered in? Who bought it and insures it?
    I bought the car myself and provide money for the insurance, and its in my moms name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible Cowlick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure what the proper name for these are, but the people in my are call them this. There is a bump sort of thing in a tiny part of my bangs right by the crown, causing a little piece of my hair to always stick out. Dose anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just a freak of nature, lol....

Horrible Hospital.What Should I Do? [ 5 Answers ]

I was due last Thursday. I have already lost my mucus plug. My water has NOT broken. I've been having contractions for the past 2 days. Yesterday they got to be about 7 minutes apart, so my husband took me to the hospital. I was dilated to a 2 (I was a 1 at my last doctor's appointment... 3 days...

Was it really that horrible? [ 8 Answers ]

K so this is a really long story, but I'll try to cut it short So last year I was 15, and I became friends with a girl, that introduced me to her friend, who was 40 years old, that actually paid her for sex whenever she needed money. Well when I met the guy I didn't know and he ended up paying me...

Horrible to talk about [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is an awful subject to talk about but for the past year and a half my periods have been so irregular the longest was 3 weeks! (the doctor gave me tablets for that one to dry it up) then I was off for a week then came on again for 2 weeks. Basically I don't know when I'm going to have a...

View more questions Search