Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 02:36 PM
    This... most psychologists cannot write scripts... the psychiatrist has to do this. To write a script, you must have an MD. Psychologists have not had the extent of schooling to write for meds.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    This...most psychologists cannot write scripts....the psychiatrist has to do this. To write a script, you must have an MD. Psychologists have not had the extent of schooling to write for meds.
    My bad... I knew that but couldn't think of the word "psychiatrist."

Either way, the OP stated that she sees someone every six weeks for medication... by her words, a psychologist but obviously if they're writing out prescriptions, they've got a MD.
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 8, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    My bad....I knew that but couldn't think of the word "psychiatrist."

Either way, the OP stated that she sees someone every six weeks for medication....by her words, a psychologist but obviously if they're writing out prescriptions, they've got a MD.
    Yup that's what I meant as you know spelling isn't my forte
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead11592 View Post
    Yup thats what i ment as you know spelling isnt my forte
    And my original question still stands: why are you not discussing your anger issues with your psychiatrist?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible Cowlick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure what the proper name for these are, but the people in my are call them this. There is a bump sort of thing in a tiny part of my bangs right by the crown, causing a little piece of my hair to always stick out. Dose anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just a freak of nature, lol....

Horrible Hospital.What Should I Do? [ 5 Answers ]

I was due last Thursday. I have already lost my mucus plug. My water has NOT broken. I've been having contractions for the past 2 days. Yesterday they got to be about 7 minutes apart, so my husband took me to the hospital. I was dilated to a 2 (I was a 1 at my last doctor's appointment... 3 days...

Was it really that horrible? [ 8 Answers ]

K so this is a really long story, but I'll try to cut it short So last year I was 15, and I became friends with a girl, that introduced me to her friend, who was 40 years old, that actually paid her for sex whenever she needed money. Well when I met the guy I didn't know and he ended up paying me...

Horrible to talk about [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is an awful subject to talk about but for the past year and a half my periods have been so irregular the longest was 3 weeks! (the doctor gave me tablets for that one to dry it up) then I was off for a week then came on again for 2 weeks. Basically I don't know when I'm going to have a...

View more questions Search