Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 8, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    haha...I went to Catholic school as well. I'm not stupid.

Now, as a mother of a teen, I know you should not be online while in class, even study hall. If you are allowed online, it's not for a site like this.

I don't mean to sound like your father, but if you want respect from him, you will respect the rules of the school as well.

You really should get offline before you get into trouble at school. That would mean even worse punishment when you get home.

Now, you can do this voluntarily, or, as a SuperModerator, I can help you.
    I'll only go online later but its not so nice to basically force me off the website I'm looking for advice in, my school lets me go on this website and they provide the internet and every site has to be pre-approved before we access it so yeah but I'll stay off until later
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead11592 View Post
    I bought the car myself and provide money for the insurence, and its in my moms name.

You're a Senior in high school and can't spell "insurance" - plus several other words?

I'm beginning to smell a troll.

Jan 8, 2010, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You're a Senior in high school and can't spell "insurance" - plus several other words?

I'm beginning to smell a troll.
    Lol or a senior who can't spell I'm being dead serious if you want me to put up some proof of age I will. I'm turning 18 on the 15th of this month plus I have a learning disability which I'm not proud of so if you wanted to hurt my feelings good on you
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 11:29 AM

It seems that everyone who speaks the truth hurts your feelings and/or makes you angry and/or upsets you.

Has the Physician who prescribed for you referred you to counselling?

I don't know what answers you want from the people on this Board. You've posted about your suicide attempts/self mutiliation due to abuse at home - but from what I can tell you you've ignored all of the advice and still haven't reported the abuse to the authorities.

Is there no one you can talk to in person - clergyman, Physician, relative? I know you've had a hard life (from what you say). That doesn't excuse abuse. Report your parents!

Jan 8, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It seems that everyone who speaks the truth hurts your feelings and/or makes you angry and/or upsets you.

Has the Physician who prescribed for you referred you to counselling?

I don't know what answers you want from the people on this Board. You've posted about your suicide attempts/self mutiliation due to abuse at home - but from what I can tell you you've ignored all of the advice and still haven't reported the abuse to the authorities.

Is there no one you can talk to in person - clergyman, Physician, relative? I know you've had a hard life (from what you say). That doesn't excuse abuse. Report your parents!

Dear Judykaytee,
    I go to counseling(you spelled counselling wrong not that I'm smelling any troll) but I don't see how that's your business those posts were from a long time ago that your pulling out to show. I was admitted into a mental facility where I was treated for depression I don't have those problems now all I was asking from the people on this thread was advice on being able to drive this weekend in case you didn't read the thread.
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Dear Judykaytee,
    I go to counseling(you spelled counselling wrong not that i'm smelling any troll) but i dont see how thats your buisness those posts were from a long time ago that your pulling out to show. I was admitted into a mental facility where i was treated for depression i dont have those problems now all i was asking from the people on this thread was advice on being able to drive this weekend incase you didnt read the thread.

There are two accepted spellings - you use one, I use the other. Once you post on any Internet site it becomes everyone's business.

It is not unusual to read past posts to find out the history of the person, whether consistent info is posted, determine ages, what other problems/troubles exist.

And, yes, I read the thread - and I think your problems "today" are related to your problems "yesterday."

And once again the people who don't agree with you aren't reading your thread - according to you.

Jan 8, 2010, 12:10 PM

What thread did I post yesterday that makes you bring up my mental health into question, other than talking about my past problems I haven't had any issue with my health. I think my issue with my father making the choices he made. Not my talking to another person about their issues.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 12:22 PM

I think what Judy means is that the problems that you're dealing with now are a result of things that happened in the past.

Tragically, what we do in the past affects our present - and future.

Have you thought about talking to your Dad? Not about getting the keys back, but about your anger? Asking him to help you control it? If someone (namely, your Dad) has problems with anger, when another person with the same problem (you) asks to help them be accountable for their actions, the problem in BOTH people is helped.

You're not going to beat your anger problems alone.

And about the keys... you're just going to have to stay around the house this weekend. I wouldn't give a teen that throws a fit his keys back. Sorry!

Jan 8, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    I think what Judy means is that the problems that you're dealing with now are a result of things that happened in the past.

Tragically, what we do in the past affects our present - and future.

Have you thought about talking to your Dad? Not about getting the keys back, but about your anger? Asking him to help you control it? If someone (namely, your Dad) has problems with anger, when another person with the same problem (you) asks to help them be accountable for their actions, the problem in BOTH people is helped.

You're not going to beat your anger problems alone.

And about the keys.... you're just going to have to stay around the house this weekend. I wouldn't give a teen that throws a fit his keys back. Sorry!
    Thank you this was the answer I was hoping to get from my thread. And my past is a dark one I don't like looking upon its something I don't like talking about when I'm not in that state of mind anymore. I appreciate the advice historian. And I really don't have anger problems its you won't find many teens who are happy and cheery in the morning and when you ask something out of the blue that would require them to get into trouble, the teen isn't going to be too happy about it lol, but thanks for the input :D
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Thank you this was the answer i was hoping to get from my thread. And my past is a dark one i dont like looking upon its something i dont like talking about when i'm not in that state of mind anymore. I appreciate the advice historian. And i really dont have anger problems its you wont find many teens who are happy and cheery in the morning and when you ask something out of the blue that would require them to get into trouble, the teen isnt going to be too happy about it lol, but thanks for the input :D
    I don't think it's as much an issue of finding a "morning person" as it is that you get so angry that you are "literally shaking." That is not a normal reaction for anyone, teenager or not.

Quite honestly, I think the issue here is maturity. You want to spread your wings, so to speak, and that's understandable at your age. However, you still need to respect your parents - if your father asked you to do a chore and you were unable at that time, you should have made an agreement with him to do it when you were finished with school. Instead, the two of you got into an argument, he took your keys away and you are left with uncontrollable anger. That isn't healthy for anyone.

Jan 8, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    I don't think it's as much an issue of of finding a "morning person" as it is that you get so angry that you are "literally shaking." That is not a normal reaction for anyone, teenager or not.

Quite honestly, I think the issue here is maturity. You want to spread your wings, so to speak, and that's understandable at your age. However, you still need to respect your parents - if your father asked you to do a chore and you were unable at that time, you should have made an agreement with him to do it when you were finished with school. Instead, the two of you got into an argument, he took your keys away and you are left with uncontrollable anger. That isn't healthy for anyone.
    True but the reason I was shaking with anger was what he said to me got to me, he said as soon as your 18 your is out of this house. So that's what made me that angry, but I'm not angry anymore I'm home from school did the chore and I'm still without a car and I have work at 5 so I better get my walking shoes on.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 12:51 PM
    true but the reason i was shaking with anger was what he said to me got to me, he said as soon as your 18 your is out of this house. So thats what made me that angry, but i'm not angry anymore i'm home from school did the chore and i'm still without a car and i have work at 5 so i better get my walking shoes on.
    Shaking with anger is not okay - no matter who said what, when, where or about whom. You should not let yourself get so upset by one argument that you are physically shaking.

And honestly, I'm becoming very concerned about you after reading just one of your old threads. Have you been diagnosed with anything other than depression?

Jan 8, 2010, 01:01 PM

One of the doctors I saw told me I had manic depression I think but it was never actually documented.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 01:07 PM
    One of the doctors i saw told me i had manic depression i think but it was never actually documented.
    And are you currently on your medication? I know you mentioned before that it "didn't help" or something along those lines, but that is a common statement among people who need it. They take the medication, start to level out, think they don't need it and wean themselves off, and end up crashing & burning.

Jan 8, 2010, 01:08 PM

I still take my meds every single day. I'm very consistent with taking them I know I need them its like a crutch helping me support myself
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 01:12 PM
    I still take my meds every single day. I'm very consistant with taking them i know i need them its like a crutch helping me support myself
    When was the last time you spoke with someone about your anger issues? How long ago were you prescribed this particular medication?

Jan 8, 2010, 01:13 PM

Um I never have talked to anyone about my anger issues and I'm not taking anything for anger. I take anti-depressants Prozac for about 2 years now and concerta for ADHD
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Um i never have talked to anyone about my anger issues and i'm not taking anything for anger. I take anti-depressants Prozac for about 2 years now and concerta for ADHD
    I meant your anti-depressant prescription. When was the last time you saw someone regarding it - 2 years ago?

I think seeking counseling would be a good idea. You seem to be harboring a lot of anger and resentment over a lot of things that have happened in your life; if you don't deal with your past, you're not going to be able to cope with your future.

Jan 8, 2010, 01:54 PM

So I see someone every 6 weeks for medication, I see a phsycologist.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 02:09 PM
    so i see someone every 6 weeks for medication, i see a phsycologist.
    A psychologist is a therapist who can also write a prescription for medication. Why haven't you discussed your anger issues with them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible Cowlick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure what the proper name for these are, but the people in my are call them this. There is a bump sort of thing in a tiny part of my bangs right by the crown, causing a little piece of my hair to always stick out. Dose anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just a freak of nature, lol....

Horrible Hospital.What Should I Do? [ 5 Answers ]

I was due last Thursday. I have already lost my mucus plug. My water has NOT broken. I've been having contractions for the past 2 days. Yesterday they got to be about 7 minutes apart, so my husband took me to the hospital. I was dilated to a 2 (I was a 1 at my last doctor's appointment... 3 days...

Was it really that horrible? [ 8 Answers ]

K so this is a really long story, but I'll try to cut it short So last year I was 15, and I became friends with a girl, that introduced me to her friend, who was 40 years old, that actually paid her for sex whenever she needed money. Well when I met the guy I didn't know and he ended up paying me...

Horrible to talk about [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is an awful subject to talk about but for the past year and a half my periods have been so irregular the longest was 3 weeks! (the doctor gave me tablets for that one to dry it up) then I was off for a week then came on again for 2 weeks. Basically I don't know when I'm going to have a...

View more questions Search