Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:00 PM
    How can I naturally sharpen my teeth without causing adverse effects?
    Using non-surgical or non-chemical methods, how can I sharpen my teeth? No I am not going for the "vampire look." Emo Princess is just a nickname my fiancé calls me.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 08:04 PM

Why do you want to sharpen your teeth? Are you aiming for pointed canines? Sharp edges on your front teeth?

Knowing that may help people know how to answer you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    why do you want to sharpen your teeth? are you aiming for pointed canines? sharp edges on your front teeth?

knowing that may help people know how to answer you.
    I want pointed canines and sharper front teeth, since I don't have fingernails and my hands are weak, I use my teeth for most things.
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 08:58 PM

Have you talked to a dentist about it?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 09:08 PM

Kind of poor... Loly, I don't go often. Last time they put porcelain over my teeth to preserve them since I've never had a cavity or anything. Now I have shattered bits of it stuck in my molars
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    I want pointed canines and sharper front teeth, since I don't have fingernails and my hands are weak, I use my teeth for most things.
    What do you mean you don't have fingernails?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 09:46 PM

I lack fingernails
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 09:47 PM

Do you mean that they're short or that they're gone?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 09:55 PM

There is no nail
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 10:29 PM

How did that happen?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:01 PM

You know not everything I do is self inflicted. I have a lot of health issues. They don't grow right
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 11:05 PM
    you know not everything I do is self inflicted. I have a lot of health issues. They don't grow right
    I'm sorry I said that.

The only person I ever knew that didn't have nails was my mom and she lost them because of chemo treatments.

Do you get enough iron, calcium, other vitamins in your diet?

There are ways to make your nails grow a bit better. Nails that don't grow are usually a symptom of something lacking in your nutritional intake.

Have you ever talked to a doctor about this?

I don't know any way to safely sharpen you teeth, so I would suggest trying to safely grow your nails. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:08 PM

I sometimes don't eat for a few days, then I'll pig out. I try not to eat often because my dad makes me feel guilty for it
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 11:12 PM

A large part of having health nails, and teeth, is a good diet.

Pigging out will only make things worse.

Is it possible for you to start taking a multi vitamin? That would help a lot, not only with our nails and teeth but with your entire well being.

Not eating for days is really unhealthy. You're doing a lot of damage to your body. You need to look after yourself, you only get one shot at this life, this body, so take care of it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:16 PM

I'm still in the process of winning a war against an eating disorder... as for vitamins, no. But when allowed, I do get some organic vitamin supplement drinks
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 11:23 PM
    If you do end up being able to take a multivitamin, I would suggest a child or prenatal vitamin. Both have slightly larger amount of the vitamins and minerals you need, and both will help you nails grow better. Prenatal vitamins, especially, are good for your hair and nails.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:23 PM

Multi-vitmans are an extra cost to my family and not absolutely needed, I'd feel bad for asking for them
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Legally I can in August, financially, it'll be a while
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 11:24 PM
    I'm still in the proccess of winning a war against an eating disorder... as for vitamins, no. But when allowed, I do get some organic vitamin supplement drinks
    The eating disorder is most likely why your nails aren't growing properly. Once you get back on track then I'm pretty sure that your nails will go back to normal.

Vitamins are a great idea. Vitamin supplement drinks are okay, but if you only get them once in a while, they won't do a lot of good.

Multi vitamins don't cost that much. I think it's a wise investment in your case.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:27 PM

I feel guilty for asking for shoes each year. I only usually only will ask for things when offered. I've been trying since I was really young to get over the eating disorder. Now I don't force myself to vomit, but I still will binge eat and starve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rotten teeth causing ear and throat pain? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is having major problems with his teeth. 8 of them are broken and if anything gets in them or he brushes his teeth he is in severe pain for days . Now his ear , jaw and throat are starting to hurt from it. Any suggestions on what might be causing the pains?:confused:

To sharpen or not to sharpen [ 2 Answers ]

My son is two and a half years old and I just purchased his first pair of skates. To me, a thirty year old beer league player at best, the new skates seem dull. Is this for his protection or should they be sharpened so he can learn proper feel for the blades from the start. Of course he will have...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Adverse effects of Effexor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about some unusual symptoms I have been experiencing since doubling my dose of Effexor from 75mg to 150mg. I have been having severe muscle spasms, everything from my legs to my neck. Sleeping is difficult because I wake up frequently due to the spasms. I have been...

View more questions Search