Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yangsoo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Medicare Tax exemption
    Are anyone on Medicaid exempt from medicare tax?
    If a US citizen is on medicaid benefit, doesn't he or she have to pay medicare tax from his/her menial wage?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Sorry, every dollar you earn in wages is subject to the 1.45% Medicare tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Exemption for living in NJ working outside NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a regional salesperson, live in NJ and travel extensively outside of the state of NJ. I have heard that you can apply to be exempt from paying taxes in NJ if you live in the state but spend so much time outside of the state. Is this correct? How do I go about claiming this status? How...

FICA Tax Exemption [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for retired persons collecting social security benefits to be exempt from FICA Tax w/h on earnings? If so, what conditions must be met, if any?

Social security and medicare tax exemption [ 1 Answers ]

Tax Expert, My wife came to the U.S. on Aug. 26 2000, she thought she could be exempted from social security and medicare tax until Aug. 26, 2005, is that correct? Thanks a lot

Tax exemption [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you very much for your reply. It was much helpful. However, when I was reading the income tax treaty between India and US on the IRS website - Article number 22, (please see the link below, page 49 for payments to research scholars) http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/inditech.pdf It...

FICA Tax Exemption Calculation [ 3 Answers ]

I have changed from OPT (F1) to H1B on 4th oct 2004. Do I have to pay FICA tax for October? To be precise, is the calculation of FICA exemption based on the type of visa in the beginning of the month or at the end of the month? Thanks

View more questions Search