Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Jan 7, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Potato salad!
    I'm getting a little bored with the way I make potato salad... any ideas of what I could include besides green and red peppers and chives??
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:19 PM

I like to use dill pickle cubes in mine
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    I like to use dill pickle cubes in mine
    Oh, yeah. Dill pickles. That's what I was going to say! Great minds, NK, great minds... :)
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jan 7, 2010, 02:44 PM

I usually use diced carrots and celery in mine. I also add about a tablespoon of mustard in with the mayo. It tastes great!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 03:33 PM
    Bacon.. the real thing... cook it up and crumble it along with about a teaspoon of the grease.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 04:55 PM

I'm the Official Potato Salad Taster on AMHD. You must submit your new freshly made potato salad to me prior to feeding to anyone.

I like every possible kind of potato salad there is. Only one problem though. It makes me fat. Oh well, can't have everything.

I like mustard potato salad, bacon bits potato salad, chives potato salad.

Don't get me started about Macaroni Salad as I love that as well...

I've been all over this country and have tasted all sorts of Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad recipes. It doesn't matter what you add that counts. What counts is that you make it in the first place!

Jan 7, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I'm the Official Potato Salad Taster on AMHD. You must submit your new freshly made potato salad to me prior to feeding to anyone.

I like every possible kind of potato salad there is. Only one problem though. It makes me fat. Oh well, can't have everything.

I like mustard potato salad, bacon bits potato salad, chives potato salad.

Don't get me started about Macaroni Salad as I love that as well.......

I've been all over this country and have tasted all sorts of Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad recipes. It doesn't matter what you add that counts. What counts is that you make it in the first place!!
    Haha I will send it to you at once :D
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 06:20 PM

Doesn't have anything to do with Potato Salad? But this always amazed me, Pretty Kool, The Ross Sisters:
    Solid Potato Salad - The Ross Sisters - Video
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebird120 View Post
    haha i will send it to you at once :D
    My address is:

123 Frozen Popsicle Drive
    Snowed In Good, Ohio

Or just put

Twinkiedooter
    Downtown, Ohio

And I'll be sure to get it.:rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 06:16 PM

Oh, I almost forgot. I used to make delicious potato salad for my late husband. He adored Tobasco sauce and anything hot and spicy. I would use horseradish sauce and sometimes would use hot mustard when making it for him. I haven't the faintest clue what it tasted like as (believe it or not I never ate potato salad OR macaroni salad until I was 50 years old) I just made it for him and he loved it and wanted more. I never ate it as I can't eat hot spicy foods.

I do remember making him some salsa from scratch that he adored. He'd eat it plain with no chips or anything else. Ate it for breakfast sometimes (am not kidding either). I would cook the hot peppers and peel them and crush them in a mortar and pestle and cut up lots of raw onions, put everything in a huge used pickle jar and stick in the fridge. He was in 7th heaven. That huge pickle jar would last him about 10 days or less as he loved it so much.

I really wish I could remember the hot, spicy potato salad I used to make for him.

Jan 8, 2010, 06:41 PM

twinkiedooter I will send it first thing in the morning... :)
    And that's cute that he ate salsa with nothing that's how my nephews are with ketchup pretty nasty to us but they love it so why not! Haha
    Well if you do end up remembering the recipe let me know :)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Use Russet potatoes, they soak up the dressing much better than others. They do break apart more, but still the flavor is better.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So, What's in Your Tossed Lettuce Salad or Salad Containing Greens? [ 46 Answers ]

Hi, All! What I'm wanting to know is what you might have in your salad where the main ingredient is some kind of lettuce or greens or combinations of the two. The main ingredient needs to be some kind of green, leafy things, though. For me, I like darker types of lettuce for my salads. I also...

I HATE salad! [ 8 Answers ]

Not fruit salads, but vegetables! They just make me gag and taste like nothingness. I have heard that if you eat something you really don't like a few times, you get used to it and then you start to like it Has anyone else heard this, is that true? :eek:

Potato Salad add ons. [ 7 Answers ]

I have to take a potato salad to a gathering tomorrow. I won't have time make one from scratch so I will buy one at the deli. Does anyone have an idea of what I can add to a store bought potato salad to make it more interesting and delicious? Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get.

Salad Ingrediants [ 2 Answers ]

There is a white meaty (think vegetable) ingrediant that you put in a tossed salad, and it actually taste sort of like meat but you find it in the vegetable area in the store. What is it called? :rolleyes:

Corn Salad [ 1 Answers ]

Any receipes for a corn salad. Had it and can't find it. I know it has corn, red and green peppers, etc and I think miracle whip and it was chilled. Don't know the measurement quantities

View more questions Search