Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squito Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 01:03 PM
    I am getting a continuous blinking red light from my gibson gas furnace
    The blower comes on but no ignition and no flame to heat up my home. I see a continuous blinking red light. Please help..
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 01:46 PM

If you are handy at all in Do Itt Yourself type things I can tell you some things to try.

Have someone turn the thermostat up as you are watching the furnace, have the doors off and the door switch taped so that it will stay in the on position. Now observe what the furnace does in sequence, first the little blower motor should come on, in 30 seconds or so there should be a bright glow coming from the ignitor, when it is almost white hot the gas should come on. Now the gas should stay on but if it goes out in just a second or two but goes out. You might be able to cure this problem by cleaning the flame sensor. This is a haard wire that sticks up into the area of one of the burners where the flame should be. There should be one screw holding this in place. Take it loose and sand it with some sand paper, replace it and try the lighting cycle again. If this does not solve the problem let me know and I will try something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XB90 Gas Furnace -Red Flashing Light [ 6 Answers ]

My Trane XB90 Gas furnace has a red flashing led light. Is this a problem? What does it mean? Thanks in advance...

Flashing red light on gibson furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My gibson furnace is not heating, when I looked inside, I saw a flashing red light and no flames. What could be the problem?

1996 Nordyne Gas Furnace Light Blinking [ 2 Answers ]

The Gas furnace in my 1996 mobile home won't start. It keeps blinking once, then twice. The Model is:MMHB-077ABHR-06 SERIAL:MMH960101982 Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

Trane xl90 gas furnace red light [ 1 Answers ]

I have trane xl90 gas upflow furnace red light blinking on circuit board no legend any where anybody know where to get information

View more questions Search