Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brandi034 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Hvac when fan doesn't move
    My problem is last night the unit outside got really loud and the fan wasn't moving the temp was in the teens and there was no ice around the unit, I turned our heat on emergency heat because I thought something was wrong and for a while the unit out side would still kick on and off but eventually stopped this morning got up and turned it back on and it is fine fan moving and the noise of the unit is normal. Our unit is only 1yr old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 11:02 AM
    If one year old it might still be under warranty. If it is working normal now I have no idea what could be the problem unless there was a glinch in the fan circuit for outside OR the unit was in the defrost mode if it is a heat pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After putting car in drive it doesn't move [ 1 Answers ]

After I put my 97 ford taurus into drive it doesn't move unless I rev my motor for a few sec. Reverse gear doesn't work now I changed filter and fluid is at correct level Any suggestions Thanks mark

Want to move out at end of the lease, but roommate doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in an apartment with a roommate in Raleigh, NC. Our lease expired and we decided to stay and automatically got changed to a month to month lease. I recently found out that my roommate has been late with the rent 6 out of the past 9 months, the most recent getting us a small claims...

Furnace Kicks on But doesn't Move Air [ 21 Answers ]

I have a natural gas furnace that will kick on and I can hear the burners light, but it will not cirrculate the air ( I can turn the fan on using my thermostat) Any Ideas on what I need to do? Thanks in advance

Beta fish won't eat and doesn't move much [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone I have a betta fish (fish stick). I just got him about 2 weeks ago. He was pretty shy at first but warmed up to us. He became energetic and when I went to feed him he swam to the top every time. I recently just noticed that he wasn't eating any of his pellets and when I fed him he...

View more questions Search