Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixit 67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 08:50 AM
    How to square and area for building a porch or building
    How do you start from scratch and square up an area to build a porch or other building when there is no available reference point to start
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 10:04 AM

Would this porch be up againist a building? Use stakes and string to lay our your first straight line. Usinf the 3/4/5 method you can then square the second string to the first string. How to Design, Plan and Build a Deck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

Geometry: Area of a Square in a Circle [ 1 Answers ]

So, I am trying to determine how to to find the area of a square that is inscribed in a circle. The only information I have is that the circumference of the circle is 10 inches. So from here I have determined that: Diameter is 3.18 (10/pi) Radius is 1.59 So I would think with that...

Building a Square Frame [ 2 Answers ]

I know this may sound like a silly question but I am in need of some help. I want to build a square frame out of 4 x4 x12's . I want the inside dimensions to be frame to be 12 feet square... How do I arrange these so that the inside is 12 feet. Any help would be appreciated. GeeHowdy

Building a new deck/screened porch overtop of Septic Tank/Supply lines [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, quick question. Our house we bought a year ago has an old deck (clearly not up to code) that is build literally within a foot or less of the septic tank and pump chamber (we have a tank w/ pump) and the supply lines leading from the house to the tank. We want to rip up this old deck and...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search